Enghouse Vidyo would like to make our VidyoConnect for WebRTC customers aware of the issues we are tracking on Android and iOS.
- One issue affects the selected mic on Android (version 13).
- The other issues affect audio output clarity and image resolution for iPad users on iOS (versions 15.6 & 16).
The issues are:
- Android (version 13)
- Built-in mic is used even after choosing wired headset as default mic.
- Safari on iOS (versions 15.6 & 16)
- There is a distortion in the speaker audio on some iPad models when using Safari.
- Possible workaround: switching to a different mic or connecting a headset with a microphone may result in clearer output audio.
- Front-camera image resolution is not maintained after rotating the device. This affects the resolution of the video stream sent to other participants.
- Possible workaround: the issue can be rectified by muting and unmuting the camera.
Enghouse Vidyo is currently tracking these issues. We will update this alert with any resolutions as soon as possible.
Which products are affected?
- VidyoConnect for WebRTC (Android and iOS)
What actions can I take?
Before opening a ticket to report either of these audio issues, visit the Chromium/WebKit links associated with each bug for detailed descriptions, workarounds, and other helpful information:
- For the issue on Android 13 please visit this link for Chromium bug reporting.
- For the issues with iOS 16 please visit:
If you still need help after reviewing the WebKit links, you can contact your Vidyo Reseller or contact the Vidyo Support Team via email or phone at the locations listed in the Contact Us article.