What's new in this release?
Improved layout on mobile devices
- We have modified the layout for VidyoConnect for WebRTC on mobile platforms. The new layout experience is now similar to that of native mobile applications.
- In particular, the self-view tile now is smaller. It’s also movable and hovers on top of the video of the remote participant making it easier for you to use the screen real estate as needed for your call.
- The new layout is especially helpful in calls between a patient and provider because it provides more screen space for the provider to view the patient.
Saved display layout for Desktop and iPad
- The app will remember which layout setting you used during the previous call and will start your next call using the same layout.
- For example, if you selected Grid view during your call, when you start your next call, the layout will be in Grid view.
Voluntary hardware test
- In this release, we're introducing a voluntary pre-call hardware test which enables users to check their hardware before joining a call.
- The ability to run the voluntary hardware test is enabled by default.
- A mandatory hardware test, which requires users to perform the test before joining the call, is also available and still can be initiated by admins using custom invocation via Epic CAL.
Hardware test (Desktop)
Hardware test (Mobile)
Ability to add contact information to the hardware test
- Tenant admins can now add their contact information to the hardware test so users can reach out for support if they are experiencing issues with their hardware.
Add contact info (Desktop)
Add contact info (Mobile)
- All of our VidyoConnect products now offer a post-call survey. This feature presents users with a five-star survey at the end of each call.
- The result of the survey is reported to Google Analytics.
- On-premises customers can download this version on August 30, 2022.
- Cloud customers will be automatically upgraded in the coming weeks.
What actions can I take now?
For more details about this release, refer to the VidyoConnect for WebRTC (Native and Transcoded): Releases article.
If you need help or have questions, please feel free to do one of the following:
- Vidyo Resellers and End Users with "Plus" coverage: Contact the Vidyo Support Team via email or phone at the locations listed in the Contact Us article.
- Vidyo End Users without "Plus" coverage: Contact your authorized Vidyo Reseller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need Professional Services such as branding, onboarding, implementation, API development, and/or training, reach out to us at EI.VidyoProfessionalServices@enghouse.com.
We hope you enjoy using this version of VidyoConnect for WebRTC!
The Enghouse Vidyo Product Team
The contents of this Product Bulletin do not in any way modify the terms of the agreement(s) under which this product is provided.