What's new in this release?
Pop-up message for VidyoConnect for WebRTC users on iOS 15
- With the release of iOS 15, Apple® introduced some critical issues for WebRTC users on Safari®. The issues are Apple limitations and are not a result of using VidyoConnect. Because of these issues, we've added the ability for you to configure a Warning pop-up that displays as the first screen for VidyoConnect WebRTC users joining a call with iOS 15 or later.
- Admins can configure the contents of the message using the Settings > Feature Settings > Custom Parameters page on the Tenant Admin portal. For more information, refer to the "Configuring Custom Parameters" section in version 21.5.0 Rev. B of the VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter Administrator Guide.
- For more information about Apple's iOS 15 issues, refer to the Critical WebRTC Issues on iOS 15 and the Alert: Audio Issues with Safari on iOS 15 articles.
Tooltips for the state of media devices
- In this release, we added tooltips to let you know when any of your media devices—microphone, camera, speaker— is active or muted. The new tooltips also include the name of your device.
- When you hover over the icon of a device that is muted, the tooltip displays the name of your device and this message: "Your [device type] is muted (click to unmute)."
- When you hover over the icon of a device that is active (in use), the tooltip displays the name of your device and this message: "Your [device type] is active (click to mute)."
Less obtrusive buttons in Epic waiting room
- If you are a healthcare customer using Epic, you'll notice we've improved the buttons in the Epic waiting rooms to make them less obtrusive:
- Buttons now fade out after three seconds.
- Buttons reappear when the user touches the screen.
- Buttons have shadows to enhance visibility.
- In this release, we've updated internal processes for enhanced functionality and performance.
- On-premises customers can download this version on March 8, 2022.
- Cloud customers will be automatically upgraded by March 18, 2022.
What actions can I take now?
For more details about this release, refer to the VidyoConnect for WebRTC (Native and Transcoded): Releases article.
If you need help or have questions, please feel free to do one of the following:
- Vidyo Resellers and End Users with "Plus" coverage: Contact the Vidyo Support Team via email or phone at the locations listed in the Contact Us article.
- Vidyo End Users without "Plus" coverage: Contact your authorized Vidyo Reseller at email@example.com.
If you need Professional Services such as branding, onboarding, implementation, API development, and/or training, reach out to us at EI.VidyoProfessionalServices@enghouse.com.
We hope you enjoy using this version of VidyoConnect for WebRTC!
The Enghouse Vidyo Product Team
The contents of this Product Bulletin do not in any way modify the terms of the agreement(s) under which this product is provided.