We understand your organization may be experiencing high-volume Vidyo usage surges due to COVID-19. Therefore, we want to provide you with some tools and tips for monitoring your capacity to ensure your organization can meet these increased demands.
As an on-premises Vidyo customer, this important notice is intended to help you easily and quickly:
- Generate call usage reports in Microsoft® Excel (Windows® customers only).
- Set up email notifications to alert you when your licenses are running low or expiring.
- Verify the number of licenses you have.
- Understand the different types of Vidyo licenses.
Note: If you are a cloud customer, refer to the Viewing Analytics in the VidyoCloud Usage Dashboard article.
Generating Call Usage Reports
If you are a Windows user, you can easily create VidyoPortal™ call usage reports (by day and by hour) to analyze your high-volume business call usage data.
Setting Up Email Notifications and Verifying the Number of Licenses
As described in the table below, you can use the VidyoPortal to set up email notifications to alert you when your licenses run low and to verify the number of licenses in your organization.
||Location on VidyoPortal Admin UI
|Set up email notifications for licenses
||From the VidyoPortal Super Admin, go to Settings>Customization>Notifications page
||From the VidyoPortal Super Admin or Tenant Admin go to Settings>System License page
Understanding Install Licenses and Line Licenses
As described in the table below, Enghouse Vidyo uses two types of licenses: Install licenses and Line licenses:
- A one-time license consumed by each device (e.g., laptop, PC, tablet, smartphone) that joins a conference for the first time from the VidyoPortal.
- Endpoints used: VidyoConnect™ for Desktop, VidyoConnect for Mobile, VidyoDesktop™, VidyoWeb™, and VidyoMobile™.
- A perpetual software license through the VidyoRouter – either point-to-point or multipoint.
- Allows concurrent endpoint connections that can join a conference or call at any given time.
- When the endpoint disconnects from the call, the line becomes available for use.
For more details on licensing, please refer to the following articles on the Vidyo Help Center:
If you need help or have questions, please feel free to contact one of the following:
- Vidyo Resellers and End Users with "Plus" coverage: Please contact the Vidyo Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vidyo End Users without "Plus" coverage: Please contact your authorized Vidyo Reseller.
The Enghouse Vidyo Product Team
Phone (866)-99-Vidyo (998-4396) #3 or +1-(201)-289-8597 #3
Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The contents of this Important Notice do not in any way modify the terms of the agreement(s) under which these products are provided.