This article describes how to create VidyoPortal call usage reports (by day and hour). The data derived will help you analyze your high-volume business call usage data such as experienced during the COVID-19 outbreak. Before generating your report, you will first need to export a CDR file. For more information, please refer to theses articles: Exporting CDR Files and Configuring the CDR Database for Remote Access in the Super Admin Portal.
Only Microsoft® Windows customers can generate these call usage reports in Excel.
- VidyoPortal Usage By Day - The spreadsheet will display a graph with the peak calling days for a particular week. Additionally, two columns will show to the left of the graph including the VidyoPortal data in a Time Stamp column and Peak Call column.
- VidyoPortal Usage By Hour - This spreadsheet shows VidyoPortal call usage by day and hour in the following columns: Time Stamp (day), Calls Started, Calls Ended, Average Calls, and Peak Calls.
- VidyoPortal CDRs - This spreadsheet contains everything you need to know about the CallID such as the Unique CallID, Conference Name, TenantName, ConferenceType, EndpointType, JoinTime, LeaveTime, etc.
To create your call usage reports:
- Download a CDR file record from VidyoPortal in Excel, and then open the file, and re-save it again in .csv format.
NOTE: Even though your exported CDR file may open in .csv format, you need to make sure to save this file again in .csv format; otherwise your report will only upload one row of data. Additionally, if you need help exporting a CDR record (.csv file), see the Exporting CDR Files article.
- Then, open the attached VidyoPortal Usage.xlsm file (below).
The Excel spreedsheet opens.
- Click Load CDR File.
The Windows Explorer dialog box opens.
- In the File name field, select the CDR record you saved in .csv format, and then select Open.
- If you need help exporting a CDR record (.csv file), see the Exporting CDR Files article.
- Once you import your CDR record (.csv file), it may take a few to several minutes to generate the report, depending upon the size of the CDR file you are importing.
Your import will create three new tabs at the bottom of the Excel file from which to view a graph and specific call usage data.
- VidyoPortal Usage By Day
- VidyoPortal Usage By Hour
- VidyoPortal CDRs
If you have issues uploading the CDR file, or if the spreadsheet will not open, please verify the following:
- Make sure you are uploading a Vidyo CDR file.
- Verify macros are enabled.
- To enable macros in Excel
- Click the File Tab (top-left most tab in the window).
- Click the Excel Options button.
- Click Trust Center in the menu on the left.
- Click Trust Center Settings in the window on the right.
- In the new window that opens click Macro Settings in the menu on the left.
- Select Enable all macros.
- To enable macros in Excel
- NOTE: If you are unable to populate all the data and the graph, please submit a ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your CDR file.