What's new in this release?
Quick and easy install workflow for first-time mobile users (Android and iOS)
- Mobile users can now go from clicking a room link to installing the VidyoConnect Mobile app to joining a conference in one seamless workflow.
- This feature is available with VidyoPortal version 22.2.1 and later. VidyoCloud customers will receive this feature automatically. On-premises customers should contact Vidyo Support.
Clearer way for guest users to join calls (Android and iOS)
- When users open the VidyoConnect mobile app, they are now greeted with a cleaner and clearer UI. The changes mitigate the confusion guest users used to face when they opened the app without context and were asked to enter a portal address.
- Guest users now see a clear call-to-action button labeled Continue as Guest. Clicking this invokes a pop-up that guides them to use the invite link to join the meeting.
After they click the invite link, guest users will see the Welcome screen where they can enter their display name and select if they want to mute their audio or video before joining the call. We have set the camera muted by default to ensure user privacy.
- Users who already have the VidyoConnect app can click the Sign in button on the top right of the initial VidyoConnect app screen. They can then input the portal address and log in with their username and password.
- In all cases, if a user has never accepted the EULA, they must accept it before they proceed.
Volume boost button added to in-call toolbar (Android and iOS)
- If you need to quickly add volume during your Android or iOS call, you can now press the new Boost button that we've added to the in-call toolbar.
- Pressing this button amplifies the current volume by 5x. In order to gain the maximum volume, ensure the device volume is also set to maximum. You can use the table below as a reference:
||Effective Volume (approx.)
Mute speaker button added to in-call toolbar (Android and iOS)
- You can now mute and unmute your speaker in a call similarly to how you mute and unmute your microphone and camera.
- To mute the conference speaker, simply click the Speaker button on the in-call toolbar.
Media volume decoupled from in-call volume (iOS)
- Starting with this release of the VidyoConnect mobile app for iOS, the in-call volume has no interplay with the media volume. The in-call volume is now controlled exclusively via the Volume control buttons on your device.
Less obtrusive buttons in Epic waiting room (Android and iOS)
- If you are a healthcare customer using Epic, you'll notice we've improved the buttons in the Epic waiting rooms to make them less obtrusive:
- Buttons now fade out after three seconds.
- Buttons reappear when the user touches the screen.
- Buttons have shadows to enhance visibility.
You can download the VidyoConnect mobile app for free starting on April 14, 2022.
What actions can I take now?
For details about the new features and the resolved and known issues for this release, refer to the VidyoConnect for Mobile: Releases article on the Vidyo Help Center.
If you need help or have questions, please feel free to do one of the following:
- Vidyo Resellers and End Users with "Plus" coverage: Contact the Vidyo Support Team via email or phone at the locations listed in the Contact Us article.
- Vidyo End Users without "Plus" coverage: Contact your authorized Vidyo Reseller at email@example.com.
If you need Professional Services such as branding, onboarding, implementation, API development, and/or training, reach out to us at EI.VidyoProfessionalServices@enghouse.com.
We hope you enjoy using this version of the VidyoConnect mobile app!
The Enghouse Vidyo Product Team
The contents of this Product Bulletin do not in any way modify the terms of the agreement(s) under which this product is provided.