What's new in this release?
Invite others to join your call using SMS
- To invite another user to your call using SMS, tap the icon in the call controls along the bottom of the VidyoConnect app and select the SMS tab.
- To see the list of available country codes, click the small arrow near the flag icon. You must enter a country code from the list since only those on the list have been set up for your app.
- As of this release, service to support the SMS feature is limited to the United States and Canada.
- When you finish entering the number, you can change the message in the "Enter text message" text box if your admin has configured your system to enable you to do so. Otherwise, you can't change the default message.
Android (without editable text message): iOS (with editable text message):
- If the text message is editable and the room has PIN code, a message reminds you that you must tell the invited participant what the PIN code is.
- Tap Send SMS.
- The "Invite Participant" pop-up appears asking if you're sure you want to invite the participant to the call, and you must tap Send SMS again to send the invitation.
- Once the user receives the SMS, they can open the link and join the VidyoConnect meeting. Depending on their server, they can join using VidyoConnect for WebRTC or using their mobile client.
- Feature availability:
- You can't invite other users if you're simply a participant or guest that has joined the call.
- Note: If you’re a VidyoCloud admin for a healthcare customer, new custom parameters that support this feature will be automatically pushed to your tenants. Do NOT modify or delete these parameters because doing so could prevent the features from working. If you want to change the parameters in any way, contact VidyoCloud Support first.
- You can invite others to your call using SMS only if you’re a registered user who has launched the video call.
- Currently, the SMS feature is available to VidyoCloud Health customers only; however, it will be rolled out to other VidyoCloud customers periodically. On-premises customers will be able to get these features in the near future.
Access your contacts when inviting others to join your call via dial out or SMS
- Starting with this release, you can access your contact list when using the dial out or SMS feature, making it much easier and faster to find the user that you want to invite to your call.
- To access your contacts when inviting another user, tap the icon in the call controls along the bottom of the VidyoConnect app and select the Call or SMS tab.
- Select a country code by clicking the small arrow near the flag as you normally would when inviting a user to join your call via dial out or SMS.
- As you start entering the name or number, any contacts with matching names or phone numbers begin to appear below the text box. You can select from one of the contacts or continue typing in the name or phone number.
Android (matching contact names): iOS (matching contact numbers):
- Once you’ve selected the contact, you can proceed as you normally would when inviting a user to join your call via dial out or SMS.
- Feature availability: Since the dial out and SMS features are available to VidyoCloud Health customers only, the ability to access contacts when using these features is likewise only available to healthcare customers.
Support for VidyoClient API version 21.2.0
- This release now supports version 21.2.0 of the VidyoClient API, thereby providing you with our newest and most recently updated APIs.
You can download the VidyoConnect mobile app for free starting on July 6, 2021.
What actions can I take now?
For more details about this release, refer to the VidyoConnect for Mobile: Releases article.
If you need help or have questions, please feel free to do one of the following:
- Vidyo Resellers and End Users with "Plus" coverage: Contact the Vidyo Support Team via email or phone at the locations listed in the Contact Us article.
- Vidyo End Users without "Plus" coverage: Contact your authorized Vidyo Reseller.
If you need Professional Services such as branding, onboarding, implementation, API development, and/or training, reach out to us at
We hope you enjoy using this version of the VidyoConnect Mobile app!
The Enghouse Vidyo Product Team
The contents of this Product Bulletin do not in any way modify the terms of the agreement(s) under which this product is provided.