This release supports only:
- Customers who use VidyoRoom systems that have dual-port Dextera cards.
- Customers who want to use the new Turn Off Self-View After Conference checkbox in the VidyoRoom Admin UI to specify the behavior of the self-view tile after a call ends.
Please refer to the applicable subsection below.
Dextera Card Users
VidyoRoom systems that have dual-port Dextera cards include the following:
- HD-230 Revision A
- HD-230 Revision B
- HD-3 Pro
If you use any of these models, you are required to upgrade ALL your VidyoRoom systems to version 19.2.1. More specifically:
- If all of your VidyoRoom systems have Dextera cards, you are required to upgrade all of them to 19.2.1.
- If some of your VidyoRoom systems have Dextera cards and some don’t, you are required to upgrade all of them to 19.2.1.
- If none of your VidyoRoom systems have Dextera cards, you can skip this upgrade.
By upgrading to version 19.2.1:
- You are enabling any of your VidyoRoom systems that don’t have Dextera cards to be eligible to upgrade to version 19.3.0 and later.
- Your HD-230 and HD-3 Pro models can continue to successfully join video calls with all other Vidyo endpoints.
- Your HD-230 and HD-3 Pro models will be eligible to upgrade to any future 19.2.x maintenance releases.
Note: Since the HD-230 models reached their End of Software Maintenance in September 2019, any 19.2.x releases will only address maintenance issues for these models and will not provide any new features or functionality. For more information about the End of Sale, End of Software Maintenance, and End of Support for these models, refer to the “Group Solutions and Peripherals” section of the End of Life (EOL) and End of Sale (EOS) Notifications for Vidyo Offerings article.
When you’re ready to replace your HD-230 and/or HD-3 Pro, Enghouse Vidyo recommends the VidyoRoom HD-2 for huddle spaces or the VidyoRoom HD-3 for larger conference rooms. For more information, refer to the VidyoRoom HD-2 & HD-3 data sheet.
If you experienced issues with the self-view tile remaining open at the end of calls and want to specify whether it remains open or closed, you may want to upgrade to version 19.2.1.
In this version, the Turn Off Self-View After Conference checkbox has been added to the Preferences section of the VidyoRoom Admin UI Settings tab. The checkbox is selected by default, which indicates that the self-view tile will close at the end of every call. If you deselect the checkbox, the self-view tile will remain open if it was open at the end of the call and will remain closed if it was closed at the end of the call.
On-premises customers can download either version on October 21, 2019, and cloud customers will automatically be upgraded on November 6, 2019.
What Actions Can I Take Now?
For details about the new features and known issues for this release, refer to the VidyoRoom: Releases article on the Vidyo Help Center.
If you need help or have questions, please feel free to do one of the following:
- Vidyo Resellers and End Users with "Plus" coverage: Please contact the Vidyo Customer Service Team at email@example.com.
- Vidyo End Users without "Plus" coverage: Please contact your authorized Vidyo Reseller.
We hope you enjoy using these versions of the VidyoRoom system!
The Enghouse Vidyo Product Team
Phone (866)-99-Vidyo (998-4396) #3 or +1-(201)-289-8597 #3
The contents of this Product Bulletin do not in any way modify the terms of the agreement(s) under which this product is provided.