HTML5 Player Replacing Flash® Player
- Starting with this release, VidyoReplay will use an HTML5 player instead of a Flash player to play videos.
- Why did we switch to HTML5?
- Flash-based streaming is now being deprecated on most major browsers, and after 2020, it will become blocked by default.
- All modern, popular browsers support HTML5 videos (including Chrome™, Firefox®, Safari®, and more). Unlike with Flash, you do not have to install any browser plugin or video player. Your browser is your player.
- HTML5 is lightweight, fast, and takes less CPU time to render content than Flash does.
Ability to Enable and Disable Audio-Only Avatars
- You now have the ability to enable or disable the avatar that displays when a participant has their video source muted (only when the participant is in audio-only mode).
- When enabled, if a participant’s video source is muted during a call, an avatar with the first three letters of their name appears on their tile.
- When disabled, if a participant’s video source is muted during a call, their video tile does not display at all.
- You can easily configure this setting using the new "Use Avatar" checkbox on the Recorder > Configuration page.
New Icon to Indicate When All Participants Have Muted Video
- When all the participants in a video call have their video sources muted, this icon now appears on the full screen:
- This icon lets you know that the reason you’re not seeing video is because the participants have chosen not to display it rather than because of a video problem.
Audio Quality Improvements
- We've added support for recordings of up to 48 kHz.
- For added security and stability, updates for multiple third-party packages and libraries are included as part of this release.
- In this release, we've resolved a number of issues for improved stability and usability.
On-premises customers can download this version on September 21, 2020, and cloud customers will automatically be upgraded over the next several weeks.
What Actions Can I Take Now?
- For important information about actions you must take before upgrading, refer to the VidyoReplay 20.2.0 "Important Notices" section and the "Upgrading a VidyoReplay Cluster to Version 20.2.0" section in the VidyoReplay: Releases article.
- For more details about the resolved issues, refer to the VidyoReplay 20.2.0 "Resolved Issues" section of the VidyoReplay: Releases article.
If you need help or have questions, please feel free to do one of the following:
- Vidyo Resellers and End Users with "Plus" coverage: Please contact the Vidyo Support Team via email or phone at the locations listed in the Contact Us article.
- Vidyo End Users without "Plus" coverage: Please contact your authorized Vidyo Reseller.
If you need Professional Services to ensure that your Vidyo infrastructure components and endpoints are working at optimal capacity, or you need training, please contact us as follows:
We hope you enjoy using this version of VidyoReplay!
The Enghouse Vidyo Product Team
The contents of this Product Bulletin do not in any way modify the terms of the agreement(s) under which this product is provided.