What's New in This Release?
Major Platform Operating System (OS) Update
- Enghouse Vidyo performed a major platform OS update, thereby enhancing the performance, stability, and security of the VidyoGateway.
- Additional benefits include:
- Updates to most third-party libraries.
- Continual security updates to the underlying OS.
- Streamlined patching of third-party software components.
OPUS Support with VidyoConnect™
- When registering to the VidyoPortal™, the VidyoGateway checks the system's capabilities, and then one of the following occurs:
- If the VidyoPortal supports Opus audio, the VidyoGateway configures itself to use Opus audio on the SVC side so when a gateway participant joins a VidyoConnect call, the conference continues to use Opus.
- If the VidyoPortal does not support Opus audio, the VidyoGateway configures itself to use SPEEX/RED on the SVC side.
Media Relay Support for H.323 and SIP Endpoints
- This version supports media relay for H.323 and SIP endpoints.
Admin UI Support for Experimental Features
- In the Experimental Features section of the VidyoGateway Admin UI General > Advanced page, you can enable the following:
- The API Interface checkbox which allows API requests to go through to the VidyoGateway (but only after you’ve authenticated using the API key).
- RTMP streaming (via API only).
- To learn more about these features, refer to the "Configuring Advanced Settings" section of version 20.1.0 of the VidyoGateway Administrator Guide.
Access Control Modes for Allowing or Blocking Whitelisted and Blacklisted IP Addresses
- The VidyoGateway Admin UI General > Access Control page now includes three Access Control modes that enable you to:
- Allow all incoming calls to reach the VidyoGateway.
- Allow incoming calls only from whitelisted IP addresses.
- Block incoming calls from blacklisted IP addresses.
- To learn more about these modes, refer to the "Configuring Access Control Settings" section of version 20.1.0 of the VidyoGateway Administrator Guide.
Important Notices and Other Notable Changes
- VidyoGateway version 20.1.0 includes numerous other important notices and notable changes. Read more about them in the VidyoGateway 20.1.0 "Important Notices" and "Notable Changes" sections in the VidyoGateway: Releases article on the Vidyo Help Center.
On-premises customers can download this version on February 28, 2020.
What Actions Can I Take Now?
- For important information about actions you must take before upgrading, refer to the VidyoGateway 20.1.0 "Important Notices" section in the VidyoGateway: Releases article.
- For the steps you need to take to upgrade a version 4.2.1 cluster to version 20.1.0, refer to the VidyoGateway 20.1.0 "Upgrade a VidyoGateway 4.2.1 Cluster to Version 20.1.0" section in the VidyoGateway: Releases article.
- For more details about the new features and about the resolved and known issues, refer to the VidyoGateway 20.1.0 "Resolved Issues" section of the VidyoGateway: Releases article.
- For more information about how to use the features outlined above, refer to version 20.1.0 of the VidyoGateway Administrator Guide.
If you need help or have questions, please feel free to do one of the following:
- Vidyo Resellers and End Users with "Plus" coverage: Please contact the Vidyo Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vidyo End Users without "Plus" coverage: Please contact your authorized Vidyo Reseller.
We hope you enjoy using this version of the VidyoGateway!
The Enghouse Vidyo Product Team
Phone (866)-99-Vidyo (998-4396) #3 or +1-(201)-289-8597 #3
The contents of this Product Bulletin do not in any way modify the terms of the agreement(s) under which this product is provided.