Description of Issue
When using the VidyoConnect™ for WebRTC, or for VidyoRoom™ systems, some customers may be unable to access Google Calendar™. This is occurring because Google is requiring the establishment of a verification process in order to implement additional security protections.
You may receive either of the following messages when you try to access Google Calendar from the Integrations tab in the VidyoConnect desktop application or when you choose your account from the “Sign in with Google” page:
- "This app isn't verified - This app hasn't been verified by Google yet. Only proceed if you know and trust this developer."
- "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app: This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In."
If you use Google Calendar, the following products may be impacted:
- VidyoConnect desktop application (This issue is now resolved if you are using VidyoConnect desktop Version 20.1.0).
- VidyoConnect WebRTC
- VidyoRoom Systems
This does not impact VidyoConnect mobile applications.
Recommended Solutions and Workaround
The Google Calendar integration outage issue has been resolved for VidyoConnect desktop customers when using version 20.1.0. If you are using an earlier version of the application, please proceed to the below workaround instructions.
Until this issue is remedied, your Google Calendar appointments will not display in the Meetings tab of the VidyoConnect desktop application or in VidyoConnect WebRTC. Instead, you will need to schedule calendar appointments by copying and pasting your Room link from the VidyoConnect desktop application into your Google Calendar invitations.
Additionally, you will need to access your scheduled appointment links from Google Calendar instead of in the VidyoConnect desktop application or in VidyoConnect WebRTC.
To schedule appointments using your VidyoConnect desktop Room link:
- From the Room tab in the VidyoConnect desktop application, click the copy button next to the Room Link.
- Open your Google Calendar and paste the Room Link in the Add Location field.
There are four different ways to work around this issue on VidyoRooms systems:
- For VidyoRoom users, who want to join a meeting and the user knows the name of the virtual meeting room, they can search for the meeting room by name.
- For VidyoRoom users who want to join a meeting, but the user does not know the name of the virtual meeting room, they can join by extension.
- Virtual meeting room owners or system administrators can manually invite the VidyoRoom to a meeting from the VidyoConnect desktop moderation control page.
- System administrators can also manually invite the VidyoRoom to a meeting through the portal by going to the Meeting Rooms tab, pasting in the Extension ID, and controlling the meeting to expose moderation controls. Then they can manually invite the VidyoRoom to a meeting.
Important Additional Information
- Enghouse Vidyo will update this article as soon as this issue is corrected. Thank you for your patience.