Vidyo’s Epic Context-Aware Linking (CAL) Integration Now Available in Epic's App Orchard Marketplace
- Starting with the Epic February 2019 release, Epic requires the inclusion of an Epic-Client-ID for all third-party integrations that use their APIs.
- In order to support Epic's new requirements, Enghouse Vidyo has obtained its own unique Epic-Client-ID and enrolled the Vidyo Context-Aware-Linking (CAL) integration app in Epic's App Orchard marketplace.
- Starting with this release, the Epic CAL integration will support sending the Epic-Client-ID whenever the SetExternalConnectionStatus API is called.
- To ensure that your cloud or on-premises CAL deployment will continue to work successfully with the Epic February 2019 release, you must:
- Contact your Epic representative to obtain access to Epic’s App Orchard marketplace.
- Contact Vidyo Sales or your Vidyo account representative once you have requested Vidyo's CAL app via the App Orchard site.
New Connection Test for Configuring the Epic Interconnect Server
- More quickly identify and resolve Epic CAL configuration issues.
- Generate helpful HTTP status notifications such as 408 - Request Timeout, 404 - Not Found, and 401 - Bad Credentials.
- Use this information to debug Epic CAL configuration issues.
Sample URL Generator for Test Calls
- Easily conduct test calls.
- Generate sample Epic CAL URL links and use the links to:
- Join test calls.
- Compare the sample URL extData with the extData generated from Epic.
Multi-Server Epic Interconnect Support With a Single Tenant
- Configure multiple Epic Interconnect servers on a single Vidyo tenant by using an "orgID" to differentiate each server.
- Simplify your Epic CAL configuration, especially if you’re a healthcare entity with multiple Epic installations due to mergers, etc.
- Reduce the costs associated with maintaining multiple environments.
Ability to Select the Epic Mode for Your Needs
- Set your Epic CAL integration to Production, Test, or Legacy mode:
- Select Production when configuring and deploying in a production environment.
- Select Test when configuring a lab environment.
- Select Legacy when debugging and using systems running versions earlier than Epic February 2019.
API Usage Reports
- Download CSV files with data about usage of the SetExternalConnectionStatus API with your Epic Interconnect server.
- Select the start and end date for each report.
Additional REST API for Epic CAL
- Programmatically invoke the CAL workflow for embedded applications.
Per-Tenant Status Notifications for Third-Party Integrations
- Simple REST/JSON format for lightweight processing.
- Receive rich status notification messages for:
- Login and logout user events
- Join and leave conference events
- Epic CAL events
Updated Landing Pages for iPad® OS and macOS Catalina
- The most recent version of Apple’s Safari® for iPad OS and macOS Catalina advertises the same user-agent. Therefore, the VidyoPortal cannot determine if an iPad or a desktop are connecting.
- To remedy this issue, VidyoPortal version 19.3.0 provides landing pages that allow the user to select the device with which to join conferences or download the app.
On-premises customers can download this version on November 4, 2019 and cloud customers will automatically be upgraded on December 8, 2019.
What Actions Can I Take Now?
If you need help or have questions, please feel free to do one of the following:
- Vidyo Resellers and End Users with "Plus" coverage: Please contact the Vidyo Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vidyo End Users without "Plus" coverage: Please contact your authorized Vidyo Reseller.
We hope you enjoy using this version of the VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter!
The Enghouse Vidyo Product Team
Phone (866)-99-Vidyo (998-4396) #3 or +1-(201)-289-8597 #3
The contents of this Product Bulletin do not in any way modify the terms of the agreement(s) under which this product is provided.