As of February 6, 2020, this issue was resolved with the recent release of Google Chrome™ version 80. To successfully join calls with VidyoWeb on macOS, you will need to:
- Upgrade to Google Chrome version 80.
- Upgrade to the latest VidyoWorks GA version 1.3.27.
- To download the package for this release, go to the VidyoDesktop and VidyoWeb Packages article and then click the 1.3.27.0005 link in the VidyoWeb column.
- Use the recommended macOS versions: 10.14.5 or 10.15.2 (since these are the latest tested versions).
Description of Issue
Enghouse Vidyo diligently assesses and whenever possible resolves any incompatibility issues between our applications and browsers. Unfortunately, sometimes our older applications may be unable to render in current browsers due to code and security limitations. If this happens, we alert you as soon as this issue is discovered and provide a possible workaround.
Currently, VidyoWeb™ or VidyoWeb API plugin with macOS only works with certain Chrome versions (75 and earlier). Additionally, these products unfortunately do not work with Firefox® and Safari® browsers.
As a result, if you use VidyoWeb™ or VidyoWeb API plugin with macOS using Chrome™ version 76 or later, you will be unable to join a call after entering your name and clicking Join. You may also receive the following message, "The WebPluginVirtualCamera is not available. Please restart Chrome and try again.''
To avoid this issue, follow the workaround step below.
Products That Are Impacted with Chrome Versions 76 and Later
- VidyoClientForWeb package running on macOS.
- VidyoWeb API’s using the VidyoClientForWeb package running on macOS.
- If you would like to join VidyoWeb calls using Chrome on macOs, Vidyo recommends you only use Chrome version 75 and earlier.
- Epic Embedded customers - Vidyo recommends using Epic's MyChart mobile application.
- VidyoDesktop™ customers - Vidyo recommends transitioning to VidyoConnect™ for WebRTC.
- For more information about this known issue, VWEB-3591, please refer to the Known Issues section in the VidyoWeb: Releases article.