Description of Issue
If you use VidyoWeb™ or VidyoWeb API plugin with macOS using Chrome™ version 76 or later, you will be unable to join a call after entering your name and clicking Join. You may also receive the following message, "The WebPluginVirtualCamera is not available. Please restart Chrome and try again.''
To avoid this issue, follow the workaround step below.
Products That Are Impacted with Chrome Versions 76 and Later
- VidyoClientForWeb package running on macOS.
- VidyoWeb API’s using the VidyoClientForWeb package running on macOS.
- If you would like to join VidyoWeb calls using Chrome on macOs, Vidyo recommends you only use Chrome version 75 and earlier.
- Epic Embedded customers - Vidyo recommends using Epic's MyChart mobile application.
- VidyoDesktop™ customers - Vidyo recommends transitioning to VidyoConnect™ for WebRTC.
- For more information about this known issue, VWEB-3591, please refer to the Known Issues section in the VidyoWeb: Releases article.