Description of Issue
If you are currently running Apple's® iOS 13 beta or planning to upgrade to Apple's iOS 13, which is available on September 19, 2019, you will experience issues using Safari® on your iPad® if you:
- Use SAML login with VidyoConnect™ for mobile or
- Join a conference in VidyoConnet for mobile or VidyoMobile™ using a room link.
With the introduction of iOS version 13, both the iPad and Desktop Safari browser use the same User Agent by default. Therefore, when an iPad user visits a web page, the desktop app pages get served and the above operations (e.g., SAML login and join) do not function properly. To remedy these issues, follow the workaround steps below.
Products That Are Impacted with Safari
- iPad (iOS 13)
- VidyoConnect for mobile with iPad running iOS 13
- VidyoMobile with iPad running iOS 13
To switch from desktop to mobile mode in your iPad:
- Go to the Settings > Safari > Request Desktop Website.
The Settings window displays Request Desktop Website.
- Under the Request Desktop Website On section, click All Websites to turn off/grey out the toggle.
When the All Websites toggle is greyed out, users can log in and join VidyoConnect for mobile or VidyoMobile conferences.
- Enghouse Vidyo is working to remedy this issue as soon as possible and will provide updates to this article when a release is imminent or available.
Please sign in to leave a comment.