This article contains the following sections:
- Get Started Now
- Feature Overview
- Using the Moderator Feature in the VidyoConnect for Desktop Application
Get Started Now
This capability enables a smooth meeting experience for room owners and designated meeting moderators from within the VidyoConnect for desktop application.
- Room owners can create or modify a room moderator PIN, so if necessary other participants can switch to moderator by entering the PIN in the call.
- In-call Moderators can soft mute all audio/video or per participant. A soft mute action mutes the selected device, microphone, or camera, but allows the remote users to re-enable if desired. Additionally, in-call moderation can disconnect a selected participants or all participants from a call.
- Additional moderation controls, like hard mute and selecting a meeting recording profile are available through the Vidyo Control Meeting web page, which is accessible when clicking Open Browser from the Moderate call pop-up window.
This feature allows moderators and participants to:
- Host sensitive team discussions and easily lock a room to prevent other participants from joining.
- Moderate group sessions and webinars by hard muting all participants' audio and video to minimize disruption to the presenter and shared content.
- Collaborate with corporate groups to soft mute all participants' audio while presenting a strategic plan.
- Lead a company town hall meeting and easily and effectively disconnect all participants once the meeting has ended.
Using the Moderator Feature in the VidyoConnect for Desktop Application
Once you join a VidyoConnect for desktop conference, you can immediately start using the moderator capability and moderator controls. The meeting moderator is labeled 'Moderator' under his or her name in the participants list to the right of the microphone and camera icons. If you know you want to delegate permissions to another moderator during a call, you can create a PIN in advance. This way participants can switch anytime to moderator by entering the PIN in the call.
This section explains how to:
- Create, Change, or Remove Moderator PIN
- Switch to Moderator
- Use the In-Call Moderator Controls
- Use the Browser-Based Moderator Controls in the Control Meeting Page
Create, Change, or Remove Moderator PIN
To create, change, or remove a moderator PIN:
- As the conference owner, open the VidyoConnect for desktop application.
The VidyoConnect application opens.
- To create a moderator PIN, click the Create a moderator PIN option .
The Moderator PIN pop-up displays.
- Enter a 3 to 12 character code with all numbers. Then, click Save.
The system generates a moderator PIN and the Create a moderator PIN pop-up changes to "Change or remove moderator PIN".
NOTE: Minimum and maximum PIN length is configurable in the VidyoPortal.
- To change a moderator PIN, click Change or remove moderator PIN and the Change or Remove Moderator PIN pop-up displays.
- To change the moderator PIN, enter a new moderator PIN in the field, and then click the Change button. To remove the moderator PIN, click the Remove Moderator PIN button.
Switch to Moderator
To switch to moderator:
Before becoming a moderator:
- You must obtain the moderator PIN from the conference room owner via email or other communication channel.
- Enter the PIN in the VidyoConnect application as described in the steps below, rather than entering the PIN through the Moderator Control Meeting page in the Options pop-up.
- As the conference participant, open the VidyoConnect for desktop application.
The VidyoConnect application opens.
- To become a moderator, click the Switch to moderator button.
The Moderator PIN pop-up displays.
- Enter the Moderator PIN you received from the conference room owner and then click Submit. This number is a 3 to 12 character code with all numbers.
The "You are now a moderator" message displays in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click the Moderate call button in the lower left corner of the page, and then you can select moderator call options from the Moderate call pop-up window or get more call options by clicking the Open in browser button.
Using In-Call Moderator Controls
To use the in-call moderator controls:
A future release will include all of the moderator control options found in the Moderator Control Meeting page.
- Join a conference as a conference owner using your VidyoConnect for desktop application.
- Click the Moderate call button from the lower left side, and then the Moderate call pop-up displays.
The Moderate call pop-up allows you to:
- Click Mute all microphones to soft mute audio on participants' microphones and allow participants to re-enable and then click Cancel or Continue. Clicking this button will locally mute the audio on all the participants' microphones. The conference participants will then have to unmute their microphones in order to be heard. You will not be able to unmute participants' microphones remotely.
- Click Turn off all cameras to soft mute video on all the participants' cameras and allow participants to re-enable and then click Cancel or Continue. Clicking this button will locally disable the video on all the participants' cameras. The conference participants will then have to re-enable their cameras in order to be seen. You will not be able to re-enable participants' cameras remotely.
- Click Disconnect all participants to disconnect all participants and end the conference.
- Click Open in browser to open the Control Meeting page from which to hard mute all audio/video, add and invite participants, lock/unlock the room, record the meeting, or open the Options pop up.
NOTE: You can additionally soft mute cameras and microphones in the participant's list.
Using Browser-Based Moderator Controls in the Control Meeting Page
A future release will include all moderator control options within the VidyoConnect for desktop application.
If you would like to access additional controls, then use the Open Browser button to access the Moderator Control Meeting page. The Control Meeting page allows you to apply additional actions to all participants in the meeting room or to selected participants in the meeting room.
Additional Moderator Control options include:
- Hard Mute/Disable Cameras and Microphones
- Add and Invite Participants
- Lock or Unlock the Room
- Sort Participants Alphabetically or By Order of Attendance
- Assign/Remove Presenter Rights
To access the Control Meeting Page
- Click the Moderate Call button from the lower left corner in the VidyoConnect for desktop application.
The Moderator pop-up displays.
- Click the Open Browser button to access the VidyoConnect Control Meeting Page.
The Control Meeting page displays.
Refer to the following table for a list of additional actions you can take when accessing the Control Meeting page in a browser.
The table below describes all of the moderator controls some of which are the exact controls found in the Moderator call pop-up, for example, Soft Mute Microphone, Soft Mute Camera, Disconnect Call, Recording, Pause, and Stop Recording.