What's New in this Release
- Video Streaming Works on Google Chrome™ Version 73
- Vidyo fixed an issue so now video streaming works on Google Chrome version 73.0. Previously, the WebRTC session correctly displayed the self-view; however, the remote user could only see a participant as a black tile.
- Waiting Room Works on Google Chrome Versions 72 and Later
- A rendering error no longer occurs when the tenant has the 'Waiting Room' enabled when using Google Chrome versions 72 and later.
- Share Pop-Out Functionality Works
- When starting the Share feature when using WebRTC, you can now pop-out the sharing window by double-clicking it; whereas previously the window would not pop-out and you had to drop the call and re-connect.
Platform and Browser Compatibility
The following table shows the compatibility between Vidyo Server for WebRTC version 3.2.2.0010P-UPDATE3, OS platforms, and browsers.
|Compatible Platforms||Compatible Browsers|
The table above reflects Vidyo’s current test matrix. Other platforms and browsers may also work, but they are not officially supported.
Vidyo has tested the Vidyo Server for WebRTC using the out-of-box settings. Issues may occur when using different browsers and security settings.
If you are an on-premises customer, refer to the Vidyo Compatibility Matrix article to determine which version of the portal your Vidyo Server for WebRTC release is compatible with.
Upgrading to Vidyo Server for WebRTC Version 3.2.2.0010P-UPDATE3
You must upgrade to Vidyo Server for WebRTC version 3.2.2.0010P-UPDATE3 from version 3.2.2.
To upgrade to Vidyo Server for WebRTC version 3.2.2.0010P-UPDATE3:
- Log in to the Vidyo Server for WebRTC Admin UI.
- Go to the Maintenance > Upgrade page.
- Click choose file and select vidyo-webrtc-3.2.2.0010P-UPDATE3-SU21-bundle-v1383.vidyo.
- Click Upgrade and Reboot.
Resolved and Known Issues
The following table lists the resolved issues in Vidyo Server for WebRTC version 3.2.2.0010P-UPDATE3:
|VidyoServer for WebRTC Version 3.2.2.0010P-UPDATE3 - Resolved Issues|
|WEBRTC-1754||Vidyo fixed an issue so now video streaming works on Google Chrome version 73.0. Previously, the WebRTC session correctly displayed the self-view; however, the remote user only could view a black tile.|
|WEBRTC-1747||A rendering error no longer occurs when the tenant has the 'Waiting Room' enabled when using Google Chrome versions 72 and later.|
|WEBRTC-1744||When starting the Share feature when using WebRTC, you can now pop-out the sharing window by double-clicking it; whereas previously the window would not pop-out and you had to drop the call and re-connect.|
There are no new known issues for Version 3.2.2.0010P-UPDATE3.
The following table lists the known issues in Vidyo Server for WebRTC version 3.2.2.0010P-UPDATE3:
|VidyoServer for WebRTC Version 3.2.2.0010P-UPDATE3 - Known Issues|
|WEBRTC-1318||When a participant's resolution changes during a call, it may appear to the other participants in the call as if the participant’s tile disappears momentarily and then reappears.|
|WEBRTC-1309||Users other than "admin" who are configured via the System Console cannot log into the Vidyo Server for WebRTC Admin UI. However, users configured via the Vidyo Server for WebRTC Admin UI can log in.|
|WEBRTC-1268||The diagnostics test page does not work if the Session Manager does not have its Media Server configured.|
|WEBRTC-1258||In some cases, the room name is not displayed during the call.|
|WEBRTC-1244||The “All Conference functions are now available” informational message is erroneously displayed at the beginning of calls that were not previously in Waiting Room or Presenter mode.|
|WEBRTC-1194||When starting to receive shared content, the screen layout changes and displays a black tile for a few seconds before the shared content is rendered.|
|WEBRTC-1079||When a user selects “Stop Sharing” in the Firefox browser rather than in the VidyoWeb application, other participants continue to see the last frame of the application they were sharing. Workaround: Select “Stop Sharing” in the VidyoWeb™ application to properly stop other participants from seeing the shared content.|
|WEBRTC-1045||The "Raise Hand" button is erroneously displayed in the Waiting Room state.|
|WEBRTC-1042||When importing a private key, pressing Enter after selecting the key file does not close the pop up.|
|WEBRTC-1040||The Admin page does not always reload automatically after changing from HTTPS and HTTP mode to HTTPS-only mode.|