What's New in this Release
Here's what's new in this release:
- Resolved Issues
- During this release, Vidyo enhanced the security of the VidyoDesktop application to improve your privacy and protection.
- With this version, your upgrade will successfully occur by checking the proper parameters. Read more about the other bug fixes below in the Resolved Issues section.
- Transition to VidyoConnect
- Vidyo would be happy to assist with your upgrade of your organization's Vidyo client to our latest and greatest offering: VidyoConnect. When you transition fromVidyoDesktop™ to VidyoConnect, you'll immediately notice many new helpful features and an increased global alignment across your enterprise. All of these benefits allow for better-informed decisions, faster responses, and deeper trust.
- Vidyo will provide you with the tools you need to make this transition simple and seamless.
- Please review the Transition from VidyoDesktop to VidyoConnect article to learn more about the steps required.
- If you have any questions or need help, please contact your customer success manager or email customersuccess@vidyo.
Platform Compatibility for VidyoDesktop
The following table defines the compatibility between VidyoDesktop version 3.6.16 and Windows and OS platforms.
|Compatible Windows® Platforms||Compatible Mac® OS X Platforms|
|Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit||Mac OS X 10.8.5|
|Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit||Mac OS X 10.9.5|
|Windows 8.1 32-bit and 64-bit||Mac OS X 10.10.5|
|Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit||Mac OS X 10.11 - 10.11.5|
|Mac OS Sierra 10.12x|
Portal Compatibility for On-Premise VidyoDesktop Customers
If you are an on-premise customer, refer to the Vidyo Compatibility Matrix article to determine which version of the VidyoPortal™ your VidyoDesktop release is compatible with.
Resolved and Known Issues
The following table lists the resolved issues in VidyoDesktop version 3.6.16:
|VidyoDesktop Version 3.6.16 - Resolved Issues|
|VD-10410||To improve and safeguard your security, Vidyo updated VidyoDesktop to the latest Open SSL library and the cURL library.|
|VD-10404||Vidyo corrected a bug so that the VidyoDesktop no longer crashes om MAC OS when making or answering a video call.|
|VD-10406||Vidyo resolved an issue on MacOS 10.14 Mojave so that now when you disable the microphone before a call; VidyoDesktop will now correctly display the microphone as disabled. Important Note: VidyoDesktop is not completely optimized for MacOS Mojave and hence it is not listed in the Compatibility Guide. It can work but under the conditions listed in VD-10405 (see below).|
|VD-10405||Even though a warning message displays upon install of VidyoDesktop; the application will still install correctly. The warning message will display "is not optimized for your Mac; this app will not work with future versions of macOS....". Apple had previosly announced MacOS 10.14 Mojave will be the last version to support legacy 32-bit applications. Important Note: Vidyo will not upgrade to the 64 bit release; however, will be happy to help you transition to our latest and greatest offering: VidyoConnect (see the "What's New" section above for more details).|
|VD-10284||Vidyo corrected a bug so that the VidyoDesktop 3.6.9 no longer crashes under MacOS Sierra and Capitan if the Share feature is undocked and left open while making a new call, or when content is shared during full screen mode.|
The following table lists the known issues in VidyoDesktop version 3.6.16:
|VidyoDesktop Version 3.6.16 - Known Issues|
|VD-10363||VidyoDesktop is not closing the TCP connection after a SOAP request is sent.|
|VD-10354||Room owners are not able to see the native Mute Audio, Mute Camera, and Disconnect buttons.|
|VD-10350||The native control meeting options do not synchronize with the HTML control meeting page.|
|VD-10272||After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the FECC plug-in for VidyoDesktop no longer works as expected. Therefore, users are not able to use the camera control icons to control the far-end camera.|