You can control your Sony® SRG-1200 DU pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) Camera via Universal Serial Bus (USB) using either of the following two methods:
- Using Video System Control Architecture (Apple® Computer) (VISCA) Over USB
- Using USB Video Class (UVC) Control Over USB
This will allow you to enable the far end camera control (FECC) capability within VidyoConnect™ or VidyoRoom™.
Controlling the Camera Using VISCA Over USB
- This preferred method uses the virtual Communication (COM) port.
- The installation of a driver is required for this method which can be obtained from a URL listed in the installation manual. For more information, please refer to your installation manual or the Sony HD Color Video Camera Technical Manual.
- Even though the Device Settings in VidyoConnect displays, “Unknown Device” when using VISCA over USB; the camera will still function properly.
Controlling the Camera Using UVC Control Over USB
- With this method, you can control the camera via USB using the UVC function of Microsoft® Windows.
- You are required to set the BOTTOM switch “2” to ON. Refer to the screen shot below: