VidyoConnect™ is Vidyo's enterprise meeting solution for team collaboration. It offers a unified experience across desktop, WebRTC, and mobile devices. This article describes version 18.3.0 of the VidyoConnect for Mobile app.
Here's what's new in this release:
Far End Camera Control (FECC)
- This feature allows participants in a call to remotely control a Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) camera connected to a far end VidyoConnect desktop or VidyoRoom endpoint.
- To access all the controls you need to adjust a participant’s far end camera, look for the participant tiles that display the FECC icon , and then double tap anywhere on that tile. Doing so pops out the participant tile into control mode. You can then use the FECC control buttons to:
- Move the camera up, down, right, or left by tapping on the corresponding arrow buttons.
- Zoom in or out by tapping on the +/- buttons.
- As a mobile user, you can only control the camera if the user has a supported camera plugged in and FECC enabled. You cannot plug your mobile device into a supported camera and you cannot be a “camera owner”.
- Only cameras that publish their panning, tilting, and zooming capabilities to the operating system are supported. For a list of the supported cameras, refer to the Using the VidyoConnect Far End Camera Control (FECC) Capability for Desktop and Mobile article.
- To learn more about using FECC with VidyoConnect for Mobile, refer to the Using the VidyoConnect Far End Camera Control (FECC) Capability for Desktop and Mobile article.
End-User License Agreement (EULA)
- After you install the VidyoConnect application, you will now be able to read and accept Vidyo’s EULA before you first launch the application.
- Thereafter, you can access the EULA anytime by clicking the Settings button in the VidyoConnect application and selecting “About VidyoConnect”.
- Once you accept the EULA, you will not be prompted to accept it again unless the application is re-installed or upgraded with a new EULA version.
- If you do not see the EULA when launching the VidyoConnect software, then possibly an administrator has accepted the EULA on your behalf.
Terms and Conditions
- This applies to registered VidyoCloud™ customers which includes auto-login and SAML-authenticated users, guest users on the VidyoCloud portal, and those using VidyoCloud portal endpoints such as VidyoRoom.
- This does not apply to customers using older versions of VidyoConnect software or on-premises customers.
- At any point, you have the ability to withdraw your user consent by clicking the Settings button in the VidyoConnect application and selecting “Terms & Privacy”. Once the consent window is opened, you may uncheck one or both of your acceptances and quit the VidyoConnect application. After withdrawing consent, the application will prompt you again the next time you launch VidyoConnect.
- On-premises customers in the European Union (EU) may choose to enable this user consent workflow. Please contact your Solution Engineer for details. If you would like further information or need additional assistance, please contact VidyoCloud Support at 1844-488-2227 or +1-201-620-6955 or email email@example.com.
The Login Banner feature, which was introduced with VidyoConnect for Desktop version 18.3.0, is not available for mobile devices.
Upgrading from VidyoDesktop™ or Vidyo Neo™
If you’re planning to upgrade to VidyoConnect from VidyoDesktop or Vidyo Neo, we'd like to clarify a few important points that you should pass along to your users:
- If you've just switched from Vidyo Neo or VidyoDesktop and VidyoMobile™ to VidyoConnect, your users will now be redirected to the new VidyoConnect for Mobile app when they join a call from a mobile device. They will first be prompted to download the app from the Google Play™ Store or the Apple® App Store. Then, once the app is installed, they'll be routed to their call via the VidyoConnect for Mobile app.
- If you’re still using VidyoDesktop and VidyoMobile, we encourage you to upgrade to VidyoConnect to access all the latest features. Please contact us to initiate the upgrade to VidyoConnect, and click here to learn more about what to expect.
We invite you to visit our VidyoConnect page to find out more about the VidyoConnect applications, the benefits of moving to our cloud services, and the plans we offer.
Android and iOS Version Compatibility for VidyoConnect for Mobile
The following table defines the compatibility between VidyoConnect for Mobile version 18.3.0 and OS versions.
|Compatible Android Versions||Compatible iOS Versions|
Note: Supported versions until re-evaluation at the end of 2018.
For information about an Android audio issue workaround and a list of whitelisted phones, refer to the VidyoConnect for Mobile - Android 8 Audio Issue Workaround article.
Portal Compatibility for On-Premises VidyoConnect Customers
Resolved and Known Issues
Resolved Issues for Android
The following table lists the resolved issues for Android in version 18.3.0.
|VidyoConnect for Mobile 18.3.0 – Resolved Issues for Android|
|NEPANDRD-3241||The VidyoConnect for Mobile on Android chat feature now includes an on-screen Back button.|
|NEPANDRD-3061||A user interface bug was fixed when using VidyoConnect for Mobile on Android in portrait mode where long usernames were cut off on the Settings tab.|
|NEPANDRD-3060||An issue was fixed where portal addresses were not saved for portals with SAML authentication.|
Resolved Issues for iOS
The following table lists the resolved issues for iOS in version 18.3.0.
|VidyoConnect for Mobile 18.3.0 – Resolved Issues for iOS|
|NEPIOS-3198||Vidyo resolved an issue where iPhone 8 camera resolution could not go beyond 320 x 180.|
|NEPIOS-3103||Vidyo fixed a translation issue where the last few characters of chat messages in Japanese were missing.|
|NEPIOS-2986||Vidyo corrected an intermittent issue that caused audio to sound choppy for some call participants.|
|NEPIOS-2985||Vidyo fixed a crash issue in calls with large number of audio only participants.|
|NEPIOS-2834||Vidyo fixed a UI issue on iPhone X where the usernames of audio-only participants were cut off in landscape mode call with shared content.|
Known Issues for Android
The following table lists the known issues for Android in version 18.3.0.
|VidyoConnect for Mobile 18.3.0 – Known Issues for Android|
|NEPANDRD-3408||When using FECC, the Chat icon does not appear if a message is received after the user expands the FECC tile and locks and then unlocks the device screen.|
|NEPANDRD-3389||When a participant is in a VidyoConnect call and switches to another WiFi or 3G/4G, the Flip camera button appears on the self-view after that participant reconnects to the room.|
|NEPANDRD-3387||In a VidyoConnect call with many participants, users may not be able to join and disconnect quickly and the tiles may not display correctly (for example, some may freeze).|
|NEPANDRD-3365||When a desktop user shares the screen on Pixel 2 XL (9.0) and Sony Xperia (6.0.1) devices, the shared tile may sometimes display as black if the mobile user puts the app in the background/foreground a few times.|
|NEPANDRD-3326||When a user on a Samsung Galaxy deletes a room from the Rooms tab after problems with the network, the room is not deleted and the system displays an error message.|
|NEPANDRD-3224||The self-preview may blink during a VidyoConnect call using Pixel 2XL (9.0) and Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (8.0) devices.|
|NEPANDRD-3188||If a call participant on a Samsung Galaxy S7 is connected via Bluetooth (Plantronics E500 or Era by Jawbone) and then receives an incoming cellular call or makes an outgoing cellular call, audio will be sent via open mic instead of via Bluetooth.
If this occurs, reconnect the Bluetooth device.
|NEPANDRD-3168||If a call moderator soft mutes a participant's microphone, hard mutes the camera, and then hard un-mutes (re-enables) the camera, the participant's microphone unexpectedly becomes hard muted.|
|NEPANDRD-3138||For users with muted audio who dial out to a legacy endpoint, the application is unable to send DTMF tones.|
|NEPANDRD-3099||When using an Android Nexus 5x on OS version 8.0 and later, the audio may be distorted, garbled, and delayed when three or more users are in a call.|
|NEPANDRD-2266||Any settings that an admin configures via the Control Meeting page (such as muting the microphone) while a user is joining a room are not applied once the user joins the room (for example, the user will not be muted).|
|NEPANDRD-2199||On Huawei P8 phones, when a user puts the VidyoConnect app in the background and then closes the app from the Recent list, the foreground service is stopped.|
|NEPANDRD-2179||On Samsung Galaxy S5 (6.0.1) devices, if a call participant sends messages in the chat pane, closes the chat, and then leaves and rejoins the room, the chat pane displays that there are unread messages.|
|NEPANDRD-2077||Android users experience low frame rates when the resolution is large (such as 960 x 540).|
If a user clicks to delete their own room and then disconnects from the network, the deletion of the room should not continue; however, a confirmation pop-up appears with the Delete Room and Cancel buttons enabled.
If a room is locked and a user clicks on a guest link to join a call in that room, the message “The room is currently locked. Unfortunately, you cannot join a locked room…” appears when the user is in the call rather than the notification appearing prior to joining the call.
If a user clicks “+” to create a new room but then disconnects from the network, the Create Room and Cancel buttons remain enabled; however, if the user clicks the Create Room button, the room is not created.
Known Issues for iOS
The following table lists the known issues for iOS in version 18.3.0.
|VidyoConnect for Mobile 18.3.0 – Known Issues for iOS|
|NEPIOS-3380||If a call participant who has either the camera or microphone muted expands the tile of a remote user with a controllable camera, the user's own Chat, Microphone, and Camera icons do not disappear from the screen until the user taps the screen.|
|NEPIOS-3372||The Chat icon doesn't appear if a message is received after the FECC tile is expanded and the user returns the VidyoConnect application from the background or the screen is locked.|
|NEPIOS-3360||In very rare cases, the video in a call will freeze for all the participants except for the loudest speaker.|
|NEPIOS-3345||If a VidyoConnect for Mobile user is in a call where content is being shared, and then that user moves the VidyoConnect app to the background and back to the foreground, the tile that previously displayed the shared content may appear black.|
|NEPIOS-3338||If a participant switches from WiFi to 3G during a call, the FECC tile may freeze, yet the participant will still be able to click the camera controls.|
|NEPIOS-3321||When using the VidyoConnect for Mobile application on an iPhone X, some of the VidyoConnect controls and icons are partially overlapped by the top notch section of the screen.|
If a guest user joins a call and immediately puts the VidyoConnect application in the background, the guest user's video is not displayed when s/he returns the application to the foreground.
If this occurs, users should mute and then un-mute the camera to show video.
|NEPIOS-3252||When a participant enters Chinese or Japanese characters for their username when joining a call as a guest, the username is displayed on the lower left of the screen as squares instead of the Chinese or Japanese characters.|
|NEPIOS-3096||If the call moderator hard mutes all the cameras in the call and then a call participant double taps the tile of the loudest speaker, if the call moderator hard mutes the cameras again, the loudest speaker's black tile expands to full-screen.|
|NEPIOS-2701||If a call moderator soft mutes a participant's microphone, hard mutes the camera, and then hard un-mutes (re-enables) the camera, the participant's microphone unexpectedly becomes hard muted.|
|NEPIOS-1108||If a room is created by a second user after the first user enters a room name in the Search field but before the first user clicks the Search button, the newly created room is not found during the search.|
|NEPIOS-1088||If a user performs a search that results in some rooms being listed, and then the user clicks on Rooms, the details page of the first room listed is displayed.|
|NEPIOS-983||If a device was registered in the portal (and, thereby, consumed a license) and then that device was factory reset, it will consume another license when it logs back in to the same portal.|
|NEPIOS-962||When writing a chat message, there is no way to send the message when using the emoji keyboard.|
|NEPIOS-960||If the network is disconnected while a room is being created, an error message appears but the room is created.|
|NEPIOS-937||When a guest users joins a call and then mutes their camera, an audio-only tile with an avatar should be displayed, but an audio-only tile with the user’s initials is displayed instead.|
|NEPIOS-662||If a user clicks to delete their own room and then disconnects from the network, the deletion of the room should not continue; however, a confirmation pop-up appears with the Delete Room and Cancel buttons enabled.|
|NEPIOS-546||After a user logs out from a portal, the HTTPS/HTTP is not removed from the portal URL.|
|NEPIOS-473||If a user clicks “+” to create a new room but then disconnects from the network, the Create Room and Cancel buttons remain enabled; however, if the user clicks the Create Room button, the room is not created.|
|NEPIOS-325||When the camera is disabled on the Device Settings screen during a call, a blue screen is displayed to the other participants.|