The Waiting Room feature prevents meeting participants from seeing or hearing each other until the room owner joins the room.
This feature is available starting with version 18.1.0 of the VidyoConnect desktop application. Support for VidyoConnect for Mobile endpoints will be announced as it becomes available.
What You Need to Know as a User
As a user, when you join a meeting where the Waiting Room feature is enabled and the room owner has not yet joined, you won’t see or hear the other meeting participants. Instead, you’ll see a message telling you to wait for the meeting to begin.
As soon as the room owner joins, the meeting will begin and you'll be able to see and hear all the other meeting participants.
What You Need to Know as an Administrator
As an administrator, you can enable or disable the Waiting Room feature from the Room Attributes page on the Tenant Admin portal. Before upgrading to version 18.1.0, we recommend that you check your settings on this page to ensure that they are set appropriately for your Tenant.
This feature is supported starting with version 18.1.0 of VidyoConnect for Desktop. Support for VidyoConnect for Mobile endpoints will be announced as it becomes available. If you want to prevent VidyoConnect for Mobile endpoints from joining meetings where Waiting Room is enabled, see step 5 below.
To enable the Waiting Room feature:
- Go to Users > Settings > Room Attributes page on the Tenant Admin Portal.
- Select Enable Waiting Room and Presenter mode.
- Select Automatically start all meetings in Waiting Room mode.
- Select Automatically switch to Group mode when the owner joins.
- If you want to prevent VidyoConnect for Mobile endpoints from joining meetings where Waiting Room is enabled, select Prevent endpoints that do not support Presenter and Waiting Room modes from joining meetings when these modes are on.
If you do NOT select this checkbox, VidyoConnect for Mobile users will be able to see and hear other participants when they join a room even when Waiting Room is enabled.
For more information, see the Configuring Room Attributes article.