The very first time you log into your VidyoConnect for WebRTC Server, you are required to change the default System Console password to one that is more secure. This System Console account is also the same one used when accessing the Admin portal.
To log in to your System Console (also referred to as the Admin Console) and change the default password:
- Access the system console via the Console tab of a connected vSphere client or remotely via SSH using the 192.168.1.110 default IP over port 2222.
- Log in using the default Administrator account:
User Name: admin
Password: password (case sensitive)
- At the login prompt, enter admin.
- At the “(current) UNIX Password” prompt, enter password.
The password is case sensitve.
The Secure Password Change screen displays and prompts you to enter a new password and then enter it again.
- At the Password prompt, enter a new password.
When selecting a new password, follow these guidelines:
- The password should not be too similar to the old password.
- The password must be at least 3 characters different from the old password.
- The password should not be too simple or too short.
- The password should not be a case change only of the old password or should not be the reverse of the old password.
- At the “Retype new password:” prompt, type your new password again.
If the passwords don’t match, you’ll be prompted to try again. If the passwords match, the System Console main menu displays.