With Vidyo operating as the Service Provider (SP), you can configure authentication using SAML 2.0 to provide Single Sign-On (SSO) and Auto-Provisioning capabilities for Normal and Executive user types on your system, which allows users to log in using company credentials. Other account types such as VidyoRoom, VidyoPanorama, Admin, and Operator must be manually provisioned.
Once configured, SAML authentication will let your users log in and create Vidyo accounts on-the-fly based on authorized credentials from a SAML Identity Provider (IdP).
- SAML 2.0 functionality operates in browser-based application environments and is not currently supported on VidyoRoom.
- You cannot use more than one IdP for a given tenant. However, multiple tenants can use the same IdP.
- Where Are You From (WAYF) services are not supported at this time.
- Vidyo can be set up easily using other Service Providers such as Okta and OneLogin.
To implement SSO with an Active Directory (AD), do one of the following:
- Configure SAML with Microsoft's Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) 2.0.
For additional information, please see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd727958(WS.10).aspx.
- Use a cloud-based SSO provider such as Okta and OneLogin.
Here are additional sources to assist with configuring SAML with AD FS:
For more articles (which are restricted to registered users), please see the following: