This article was updated in September, 2019. It still includes the Upgrade Steps Lookup Tool that you may have used before when upgrading your software; however, we've updated the Tool to make it easier to use. In addition, we've rewritten the text of the article to make it clearer and easier to follow.
If you have an on-premises Vidyo server, such as a VidyoPortal™, VidyoRouter™, VidyoGateway™, VidyoReplay™, or Vidyo Server for WebRTC, you can use the Upgrade Steps Lookup Tool included in this article to determine what steps you need to take to upgrade from the software you’re currently running to a newer version.
This article also provides information about important steps you should take before beginning the upgrade procedure.
Perform the following steps before upgrading your server:
- If you are upgrading the VidyoPortal, we highly recommend that you back up the database and download the backup to local storage before you begin the upgrade procedure.
- Log in to the Vidyo Help Center:
- Go to https://support.vidyocloud.com/hc/en-us.
- Click the LOG IN button.
- Enter your username and password.
- Go to the Release Notes section of the Vidyo Help Center and read the Release Notes that correspond to the version you're upgrading to:
- If you are upgrading your VidyoPortal and/or VidyoRouter, refer to VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter: Releases article.
- If you are upgrading your VidyoGateway, refer to the VidyoGateway: Releases article.
- If you are upgrading your VidyoReplay, refer to the VidyoReplay: Releases article.
- If you are upgrading your Vidyo Server for WebRTC, refer to the Vidyo Server for WebRTC: Releases article.
- Refer to the following articles to ensure compatibility with the version you are planning to upgrade to:
Upgrading Using the Upgrade Steps Lookup Tool
Unless you are a healthcare provider using Epic integration, you should use the Upgrade Steps Lookup Tool below when you are ready to perform the upgrade.
If you are using Epic integration, refer to these two articles: Vidyo and Epic Integration with VidyoConnect Context-Aware Linking (CAL) and Interacting with Epic Context Aware Linking and VidyoConnector.
You may notice better audio quality if you upgrade to VidyoRouter version 18.3.1 and later. This is because VidyoRouter versions 18.2.1 and earlier include Vidyo SDK 2.1.5, which contains SPEEX for audio, whereas VidyoRouter versions 18.3.1 and later include Vidyo SDK 2.2.x, which contains OPUS for audio.
Use the following Upgrade Steps Lookup Tool to perform the upgrade: