Perform the steps in this procedure after you receive certificate files back from your certification authority.
An unsigned (self-issued) certificate does not provide a guarantee of security to your users.
Your Vidyo server checks certificates for validity based on the certificates issued date range. Therefore, make sure that the time zone of your server is configured correctly prior to applying your certificate.
For more information about setting the time zone of your server, see Configuring the network settings at the system console.
If you plan on using self-signed certificates, you can click Generate Self-Signed to have the server sign its own certificate (self-signed). Clicking Generate Self-Signed and confirming removes your currently implemented server certificate.
To upload your server certificate file:
- Log in to the Super Admin portal using your Super Admin account.
For more information, see Logging in to the Super Admin Portal.
The Components page displays by default.
- Click the Settings tab.
The Upload System License page displays by default.
- Click to the left of Security on the left menu.
- Click Server Certificate from the submenu.
The Server Certificate page displays.
- Click Upload.
The Select Server Certificate pop-up displays.
- Click the Select File () icon.
- Select your server certificate file on your computer (may also be referred to as the Domain Certificate by your Certificate Authority) or local network and click Upload.
If the upload is successful, the File Upload Success pop-up displays.
The page then loads the Certificate Information, Issuer, Subject, and the Certificate itself in the screen.