Private keys can be imported into your server. Vidyo recommends carefully backing up your existing SSL Private Key in its entirety before starting SSL Private Key procedures.
In order to import an SSL Private Key, you must first clear the HTTPS Only checkbox.
You can only import encrypted and password protected private keys that were exported from servers that also encrypted and password protected the private keys.
Changes made to an SSL Private Key require a new CSR and SSL Server Certificate. This includes importing existing keys, exporting existing keys, and regenerating new keys.
Private Keys are replaced if you choose to import from.p7b, .pfx, or .vidyo bundle formats. For more information, see Importing certificates from a certificate bundle.
To import a private key:
- Log in to the Super Admin portal using your Super Admin account.
For more information, see Logging in to the Super Admin Portal.
The Components page displays by default.
- Click the Settings tab.
The Upload System License page displays by default.
- Click to the left of Security on the left menu.
- Click SSL Private Key from the submenu.
The SSL Private Key page displays.
- Click Import Private Key.
The Select Private Key pop-up displays.
- Click the Select File () file.
- Locate and select your private key file.
- Click Open.
- Enter a password in the Password (if any) field if necessary.
- Click Upload.
If the upload is successful, the File Upload Success pop-up displays.
A hash of the private key you imported displays in the SHA256 field.