The following list includes VMware features and explains if and how they are currently supported by VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter VE:
- You can store backup copies of your VidyoPortal or VidyoRouter VE appliance using vSphere’s export feature. You can then re-deploy the backup copy using vSphere’s import feature.
- While your VidyoPortal or VidyoRouter VE appliance is powered off, it may be moved (cold migration) or copied (cloned) from one host or storage location to another.
- You can resize your virtual machine and add vCPUs and vRAM; however, removing virtual hardware resources are not currently supported.
- VidyoPortal software updates are managed in the same manner as the regular appliance. Always take snapshots (while your VidyoPortal VE appliance is powered off) before updating. The snapshot can be used to downgrade the software version if needed. For more information, see Upgrading your VidyoPortal System Software.
- Advanced features, such as vMotion, high availability, fault tolerance, and distributed resource manager are not currently supported.