A location tag is a geographically-based name that can be assigned to a set of users, groups, or guests. Each user is assigned a location tag when their account is created. It’s a mandatory field on the Add User page. For more information, see Adding New Users. However, using location tags as the basis for a rule is optional, but it’s a good idea to associate a user with their most-used location. The user’s location tag would be associated to a particular VidyoRouter Pool.
To create a user location tag:
- Log in to the Super Admin portal using your Super Admin account.
For more information, see Logging in to the Super Admin Portal.
The Components page displays by default.
- Click the Router Pools tab.
The Router Pools page displays.
- Click the Location Tags subtab.
- Select the Modified radio button.
- Click Add.
- Enter a name for the location tag in the text field.
- Click Update.
A Confirmation pop-up displays stating “Location Tag Saved.”
- Click OK.
For information about how to assign location tags to tenants, see Assigning Location Tags.