This article describes the the different types of Vidyo licenses, how to verify the number of licenses, and how to set up SMTP Notifications and Email Notifications.
- Licensing Terms
- Generating VidyoPortal Call Usage Reports
- Verifying the Number of Install Licenses and Line Licenses on the VidyoPortal
- Understanding Install License Notifications
A one-time license that is consumed by each unique device (e.g., laptop, PC, tablet, smartphone) that joins a conference or call from the VidyoPortal when joining a conference for the first time.
- Uses the following endpoints: VidyoConnect for Desktop, VidyoConnect for Mobile, VidyoDesktop, VidyoWeb, and VidyoMobile.
Lines, also known as VidyoLines, is a perpetual software license through the VidyoRouter – either point-to-point or multipoint.
- Allows concurrent endpoint connections that can join a conference or call at any given time.
- When the endpoint disconnects from the call, the line becomes available for use.
Licensing User Types Overview
|VidyoLines Licensing Model|
|VidyoRoom (used for VidyoRoom as well as for VidyoPanorama 600)||-|
*In the VidyoLines licensing model all users with a checkmark consume a line for all calls.
Generating VidyoPortal Call Usage Reports
You can easily create VidyoPortal call usage reports (by day and by hour) to analyze your high-volume business call usage data.
- For on-premises customers, see the Generating VidyoPortal Call Usage Reports article.
- For cloud customers, refer to the Viewing Analytics in the VidyoCloud Usage Dashboard article.
Verifying the Number of Install Licenses and Line Licenses on the VidyoPortal
- Log in to the Super Admin portal using your Super Admin account.
For more information, see Logging in to the Super Admin Portal.
The Components page displays by default.
- Click the Settings tab and then select System License.
The Super Admin System License page displays.
Tenant Admin page
- From this page, you can verify the number of seats, lines, installs, Executive/Vidyo SE Systems, and number of VidyoPanorama Systems
Understanding Install License Notifications
If you provided one or more licensee addresses when purchasing, they are embedded into your license.
The Super Admin, Admin, and Tenant Admins receive a license warning when only 25 installs remain. If you don’t purchase additional installation licenses, you’ll receive additional warnings at 15, and another warning when five installations are left. Your current installs never expire. If you run out, you won’t be able to add any new users who need to install the software until you purchase more installation licenses.
Understanding Super Admin SMTP Notifications
If you set up SMTP, the email set up their will receive notifications for the following features expiring
- Certificate expiring
- Line license expiring
- Seat license expiring
You will get a notification for each of these at 45 days, 30 days, 15 days, last 7 days.
Setting Up Email Notifications
Understanding Email Notifications
When you change the status of the VidyoPortals in the Hot Standby configuration, you receive email notifications of the changes. The following table lists some of these emails.
|Cause||Email or Emails Sent|
|Active VidyoPortal switches over to Standby VidyoPortal||
|Active VidyoPortal switches over to Maintenance mode and Standby VidyoPortal takes over||
|VidyoPortal switches from Maintenance mode to Standby||
Standby Node is ONLINE.
|VidyoPortal switches from Maintenance mode to Active without Standby||
|Standby VidyoPortal reboots||
|Standby VidyoPortal IP connectivity was lost and restored||