FIPS is the Federal Information Processing Standard 140-2. By default, FIPS mode is enabled on your Vidyo server.
FIPS Certified Modules include the following:
- Vidyo’s SDK has been FIPS 140-2 validated: http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/1401val2012.htm
- Third party applications, such as Apache, Net-SNMP, OpenSSH, and OpenSSL, have been built using the FIPS-validated OpenSSL module.
The following steps show you how to enable or disable FIPS mode from the System Console.
To disable or enable FIPS mode:
- Log in to the System Console.
For more information, see Logging in to the System Console of Your Server and Changing the Default Password.
Press the Enter key after each prompt.
- Enter m for more options.
- Enter A for Advanced Options.
- Enter 1 to disable FIPS-mode.
This setting toggles between disable and enable states.
- Enter y to verify disabling (or enabling) the FIPS-mode change.
- Enter x to exit Advanced Options.
- Enter 14 to reboot the system.
When your system comes back online, FIPS is then disabled (or enabled) on your Vidyo server.