The very first time you log into your server, you are required to change the System Console default password to a more secure one. This procedure must be used to change the default password on all Vidyo servers including:
- VidyoGateway (an optional component)
The screenshots in this section show the System Admin Console (also known as the Shell menu) as seen after logging in via the terminal. The menu may look slightly different depending on how you connect and what tool you use for your connection.
To log in to your server and change the default password:
- Connect a keyboard and a VGA display directly to your server.
Press the Enter key after each prompt.
- Log in using the default Administrator account:
User Name: admin
Password: password (case sensitive)
- Enter admin at the “login as” prompt.
- Enter password at the “(current) UNIX Password” prompt.
The password is case sensitve. You’ll be prompted to enter a new password and asked to enter it again.
- Enter a new password at the “Enter new UNIX password:” prompt.
When selecting a new password, follow these guidelines:
- The password should not be based on the dictionary.
- The password should not be too similar to the old password.
- The default setting is at least three characters should be different from the old password.
- The password should not be too simple or too short.
- The algorithm here is a point system to satisfy the minimum password length (the default is length eight characters). The password gets extra points if it contains number, upper case, lower case, or special character. Each point is equivalent to one character.
- The password should not be a case change only of the old password or should not be the reverse of the old password.
- Enter your new password again at the “Retype new UNIX password:”
If the passwords don’t match, you’ll be prompted to try again. If the passwords match, the System Console menu opens immediately.
When you need to reset the password, use 13. Set 'admin' password.