Vidyo Server for WebRTC enables users on desktop or mobile browsers to join conferences on the VidyoPortal™ without needing to install browser plug-ins or extensions.
Users simply need to have a browser that supports WebRTC, such as Google® Chrome™ or Mozilla® Firefox®. For browsers that don't support the WebRTC standard, users are automatically redirected to the right VidyoWeb™ plug-in.
This article describes how to enable Vidyo Server for WebRTC on your VidyoPortal so that your users can take advantage of this feature.
Vidyo Server for WebRTC is available with VidyoWeb version 3.2 or later.
To configure the VidyoPortal for WebRTC:
- Log in to the Admin portal using your Admin account.
For more information, refer Logging in to the Admin interface.
The Users page displays by default.
- Click the Settings tab.
The License page displays by default.
- Click to the left of Feature Settings on the left menu.
The Feature Settings page displays.
- Click VidyoWeb from the submenu.
The VidyoWeb page displays.
- Enter the appropriate URL in the Vidyo Server for WebRTC cluster address field.
- Select the Enabled WebRTC for guests checkbox to allow WebRTC use for your tenant.
- Click Save.