VidyoWeb™ makes it easy for guest participants to join conferences from within a web browser on desktop and laptop computers. VidyoWeb is designed especially for guest participants who simply want an easy way to join a conference. You don’t pay extra for VidyoWeb; it’s built into your VidyoPortal™. However, when a new user connects to your VidyoPortal via VidyoWeb for the first time, one of your licenses is consumed.
"VidyoWeb" only appears in the Settings > Feature Settings submenu when the Super Admin enables it from their Super Admin portal. If you are using VidyoPortal version 17.3.0 or a later version, "VidyoWeb" disappears from the Feature Settings submenu when the Super Admin enables VidyoConnect for WebRTC for the Tenant Admin.
User licenses apply to either VidyoWeb or VidyoDesktop™, but not both at the same time. Therefore, when using VidyoWeb, users should close VidyoDesktop if it’s open.
To enable VidyoWeb:
- Log in to the Admin portal using your Admin account.
For more information, see Logging in to the Tenant Admin Portal.
The Users page displays by default.
- Click the Settings tab.
The License page displays by default.
- Click to the left of Feature Settings on the left menu.
- Click VidyoWeb from the submenu.
The VidyoWeb page displays.
Vidyo Server for WebRTC is available with VidyoWeb version 3.2 or later.
- Deselect the Enable VidyoWeb for guests checkbox if you want to restrict VidyoWeb use for your tenant or leave selected.
- Select the Enabled WebRTC for guests checkbox if you want to allow WebRTC use on your tenant or leave deselected.
The Vidyo Server for WebRTC cluster address field becomes active upon selecting the Enabled WebRTC for guests checkbox.
- Enter the appropriate URL in the Vidyo Server for WebRTC cluster address field if you are using Vidyo Server for WebRTC.
- Click Save.