When you use the Vidyo Extension for Microsoft Outlook, it automatically creates a Vidyo meeting invitation for you. The meeting invitation includes your room URL as well as boilerplate text that you can edit. If you don’t have a room URL, it automatically creates one. Additionally, if you’ve chosen to use a room PIN, it includes the PIN.
The boilerplate text on the Vidyo meeting invitation is created by the VidyoConference administrator and can be modified. For more information about creating the boilerplate invitation message, see the VidyoConferencing Administrator Guide.
To send a meeting invitation from Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013:
- Click the Meeting button on the Outlook toolbar.
The VidyoConferencing button then appears at the far right of the menu bar.
- Click the Insert Vidyo Meeting Info button.
Your Vidyo meeting invitation with the boilerplate text appears.
- Edit the text as desired.
You can add your own text to the invitation if necessary. You can also add or delete invitees and change the time and length of the meeting. Remember that you can use the Microsoft Outlook Scheduling Assistant to determine when all of your invitees will be available.
- Click Send.
When the recipient receives the message, they can click the link to join your meeting.
- If the recipient is a registered user, the link prompts that user to log in to the VidyoPortal and join the meeting.
- If the recipient does not have a VidyoPortal account, they will be prompted to join the meeting as a guest.