VidyoWeb™ lets you easily join Vidyo™ calls using Windows®, Mac®, or Linux® on your Chrome™, Firefox®, Internet Explorer®, or Safari® browser.
When you receive an invitation to a Vidyo meeting, you'll see a link in the meeting invitation. By clicking that link, you'll join the meeting using VidyoWeb. However, before you do so, please note the following:
- Ensure you have what you need:
- To join a meeting, you need a camera, microphone, and speakers.
- Select your devices:
- When you are not using Chrome or Firefox, you should select your camera and microphone before joining the call.
- When using Chrome, you can your camera and microphone on the landing page; when using Firefox, the browser will prompt you to select them. Both Chrome and Firefox automatically select the audio output device based on the microphone selection and OS preferences.
- Prepare to share content during the call:
- When using Chrome, you must first install an Extension. You can do this in seconds from within the call without having to disconnect and rejoin.
- When using Firefox, you cannot share content during the call as this feature is not currently available.
- Understand how you view participants during the call:
- When using Chrome or Firefox, you always view the participants in the Active Speaker layout (where the current speaker is displayed in the largest video tile on the screen; also known as Preferred mode).
- When using Internet Explorer or Safari, you can toggle between the Active Speaker layout and the Continuous Presence layout (where every video tile is of equal size; also known as "Brady Bunch" mode).
To join a call with VidyoWeb:
- Click the link displayed in your email or calendar invite.
- Depending on which browser you're using and on whether you've used VidyoWeb before, you may have to download VidyoWeb, enable plug-ins, and/or select your devices. To do so, simply follow the on-screen instructions.
- Enter your display name.
This is the name that the other participants will see on your video tile during the call.
- Click Join to join the call.
For information about using VidyoWeb during a call, see the VidyoWeb video tutorial.