If a Vidyo Room System is not responding to the remote, there is often times a simple explanation behind the malfunction. Please follow the below steps to troubleshoot the remote and its connectivity to the Room system.
*Please note: If troubleshooting an RF remote please skip any IR steps.
- Ensure that the hand-held remote control batteries are good.
- For Legacy VidyoRoom systems, go to VidyoRoom Settings pageà Other Preferences and ensure that the IR Receiver is correctly set (Internal or External).
- If using an external IR receiver, ensure that it is securely connected to the VidyoRoom system.
- Reset the IR by unplugging the USB cable, waiting for 30 seconds, and plugging it back in.
- If available, try using a different external IR receiver to see if that resolves the issue.
- Check if there is IR interference in the room. Sources of interference could be fluorescent lights, plasma/LCD TVs, etc.
- Check the logs for the wParam message. Multiple instances of the same wParam within a millisecond could be an indication of IR interference.
- Re-image the VidyoRoom system.