When you install the Vidyo Extension for Microsoft Outlook, the Server Address and User Name fields may or may not be pre-populated. This article describes the installation procedure for when the fields are not pre-populated. For information about how to pre-populate these fields, see Pre-populating the Vidyo Extension for Microsoft Outlook Server Address and User Name Fields.
To install the Vidyo Extension for Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 without pre-populated Server Address and User Name fields:
- Close all Microsoft Office® applications.
- Download the appropriate Vidyo Extension for Microsoft Outlook installer from here.
- Click Support.
- Select Software Downloads in the drop-down.
The Vidyo Extension for Microsoft Outlook installer appears.
If you click Cancel, you will be asked to enter the server address, user name, and password the first time you generate an invitation to a Vidyo meeting using Outlook.
- If you want to create a new conference room each time you schedule or invite someone to a Vidyo conference (this is known as a Scheduled Room), select the A new room will be created for each meeting invitation radio button.
When you choose this option, each room will have its own unique room link and, optionally, a PIN. Because each meeting has its own unique link, a meeting in a Scheduled Room is inherently more secure than a meeting in a personal room.
In addition, you can select the Always add PIN to my meetings checkbox to require guests to enter a PIN to access the room.
- If you want to have your personal room information provided in the invitation each time you schedule or invite to someone a conference, select the Your personal Vidyo room information will be used for each meeting invitation radio button.
- If you don’t make a selection at this time and click Cancel, a Scheduled Room will be used each time you schedule or invite someone to a conference.
If you want to change this default, you must use the Add-in Options dialog box.