This article has been recently revised to help you better understand Enghouse Vidyo's current and legacy desktop endpoint products and to provide updated information about installing and downloading VidyoDesktop.
About VidyoDesktop and VidyoConnect
Enghouse Vidyo’s most up-to-date enterprise meeting solution for team collaboration is VidyoConnect™. VidyoConnect is available for both desktop and mobile endpoints. It offers a rich set of features and a unified UX across platforms.
- We invite you to visit our VidyoConnect page to find out more about all the VidyoConnect applications.
- For specific information about how to switch from VidyoDesktop to VidyoConnect, see the Transition from VidyoDesktop to VidyoConnect article.
- For a list of links to other helpful VidyoConnect and VidyoDesktop articles, see the Downloading, Installing, Using, and Troubleshooting VidyoConnect and VidyoDesktop article.
- If you've successfully downloaded and installed VidyoDesktop (or VidyoConnect) and you would like information about how to connect to Vidyo calls, see the Connecting to a VidyoConnect, VidyoDesktop, or VidyoMobile Call as a Registered or Guest User article.
You can install VidyoDesktop by configuring the VidyoDesktop installation parameters as described in the Configuring VidyoDesktop Installation Parameters article. This article includes information for both Windows and Mac installations.
You can then download VidyoDesktop from the VidyoPortal™ as described below.
To download VidyoDesktop:
- Use your favorite browser to enter the URL of the VidyoPortal that you want to connect to.
- Click Download VidyoDesktop.
- Open the VidyoDesktop installation wizard and follow the step-by-step installation process.
- When you are ready to log in, enter your organization's VidyoPortal URL (if needed) and your username and password.
- Click Log In.
For more help, see the video at Video: Downloading and Installing VidyoDesktop.