- Click the Preview button in the VidyoDesktop toolbar to enable Self-View; each click will toggle through the Self-View options: Picture-In-Picture, Participant Window, and Off.
- If you can see your local preview, check the following:
- Privacy Mode button in VidyoDesktop (Camera icon) is enabled. If Red, click button to toggle off Privacy mode.
- You are the active speaker and others cannot see you (when you speak others only see black window).
- Firewall is blocking the VidyoRouter media ports (default range: UDP 50000-65535) Verify local security policy/ malware/local firewall isn’t blocking the application.
- Web Proxy or Filter is interfering with the UDP media. Check Proxy settings or see network admin.
- There is enough bandwidth available to send video.
- CPU meets VidyoDesktop minimum requirements.
Is the camera's video seen now? if not continue below:
- Is your camera plugged in?
- If not, connect camera to available USB port.
Did that do the trick? if not continue below:
- Is there another application using the camera?
- Close the other application or check its settings to release the camera. Quit and restart VidyoDesktop to ensure camera is detected.
How about now? if not continue below:
- Verify proper camera device is selected in the VidyoDesktop Configuration: Click the Configuration icon, go to Devices, see which Camera is selected. Is the Proper camera is selected?
- Select the proper Camera and Save.
That worked right? if not continue below:
- Update camera drivers – check camera manufacturer’s website for latest drivers.
Did we get it this time? No? continue here:
- Check if camera works with other applications.
- Is the camera working with the camera manufacturer’s software?
If you are still unable to send video from your camera, it's time to contact our experts to further assist.