From the Control Meeting page, you can access the Settings dialog box. This dialog box enables you to access the VidyoReplay™ library (if applicable), configure or change a Moderator PIN, room link, room PIN, webcast PIN. You can also use this dialog box to enable and disable Presenter Mode.
Note: VidyoReplay is an optional server appliance that enables users to stream live or pre-recorded video. For more information about VidyoReplay, contact your Vidyo™ sales representative.
To configure your conference settings via the Control Meeting page:
- Log in to the Admin portal using your Admin account.
For more information, see Logging in to the Admin interface.
The Users page displays by default.
- Click the Meetings Rooms tab.
The Manage Meeting Rooms page displays.
- Click the Control Meeting link in the Control Meeting column of the meeting that needs to be controlled.
The HTML-based Control Meeting page displays.
- Click .
The Settings dialog box displays.
- Perform any of the following tasks:
- Click Go to Library if your system includes VidyoReplay and you want to access your VidyoReplay library.
- To set a Moderator PIN:
- Enter four characters in the Moderator PIN text box.
- Click Save.
- To change or delete the room link URL, which is the link used by participants and guests to join the room:
- Click to create a new room link URL.
The system automatically generates a new room link and displays it in the Room Link field.
- Click to remove the room link URL that currently displays in the Room Link field.
- To set a Room PIN:
- Enter four characters in the Room PIN text box.
- Click Save.
Participants will be prompted to enter this PIN before they can join the room. Therefore, the meeting organizer should provide the participants with this PIN prior to holding meetings in the room.
- To change or delete the Webcast Link URL, which is the link used by participants and guests to access a webcast.
- Click to create a new webcast link URL.
The system automatically generates a new webcast link and displays it in the Webcast Link field.
- Click to remove the webcast link URL that is currently displayed in the Webcast Link field.
When generating webcast links, the system resolves the VidyoReplay URL using DNS settings and establishes a connection on port 80 or 443 (depending on whether or not you have VidyoReplay security enabled). Therefore, port 80 or 443 must be opened on your network so your webcast links will work properly. For more information, refer to the VidyoReplay Administrator Guide.
- To set a Webcast PIN:
- Enter four characters in the Webcast PIN text box.
- Click Save.
Viewers will be prompted to enter this PIN before they can view the webcast. Therefore, the webcast owner should provide viewers with this PIN when notifying them about the webcast.
- Click the Presenter Mode switch to enable or disable Presenter Mode. When enabling or disabling Presenter mode, the following displays:
When Presenter Mode is enabled and a user joins a Vidyo meeting, instead of seeing all the meeting participants, the user sees the presenter only, or if the presenter has not yet joined the meeting, the user sees a message telling them to please wait for the meeting to begin. In addition, the user's microphone is muted.
- When enabling Presenter Mode, a systematic notification displays at the top of the Control Meetings page asking you to "Please assign a presenter or click 'Group' to exit this mode" and you must select a participant as the presenter.
A system notification then displays asking you to "Please wait for Presenter mode to begin."
- When disabling Presenter Mode, a notification displays asking "Are you sure you want to exit Presenter mode?" and you must click OK.
A system notification then displays asking you to "Please wait for Presenter mode to end."
Note: Alternatively, you can access Presenter Mode by clicking the Presenter button on the Control Meeting page, and you can exit Presenter Mode by clicking the Group button.
- Click Close to close the Settings dialog box.
If you clicked the Presenter Mode switch, the Settings dialog box closes automatically.