The Notification page enables you to enter From and To email information that’s used by the VidyoPortal for automated emails. The From address you enter is used for automated emails sent out by the VidyoPortal, such as confirmations to new users that their accounts are activated, and other correspondence.
You can elect to have status updates about the Vidyo system sent to an IT staff person in your organization. The To address should be the email address of the person who should receive alerts for action required by the VidyoPortal. Configure SMTP and Security information as desired.
Note Be sure to provide a From address. Not doing so can result in SMTP servers blocking emails or changing email headers.
Notification customizations completed at the Super Admin level can be overridden at the Tenant level by Tenant Admins.
For more information, see Configuring Customization on Your Tenant.
To customize Notification information:
- Log in to the Super Admin portal using your Super Admin account. For more information, see Logging in to the Super Admin Portal.
- Click the Settings
- Click Customization on the left menu.
- Click the Notification
- Select the Enable Email Notifications check box to activate the addresses and settings you configure.
- Enter valid email addresses in the Email (From) and Email (To) fields and provide the following SMTP and Security information:
- Enter the SMTP Hostname.
- Enter the SMTP Port.
- Select either STARTTLS or TLS Security.
- Select Trust All Certs, if desired.
- Enter the SMTP Username.
- Enter the SMTP Password.
- Click Save.
Note You can use the Test button to confirm your Notification customizations.