We’re excited to announce the General Availability of VidyoPlatform, which will be the replacement for the Vidyo.io platform. It offers all of the same benefits of the current Vidyo.io platform and more. VidyoPlatform officially launched last June, and a large number of customers have already successfully migrated over from Vidyo.io.
If you are currently a Vidyo.io customer, we strongly encourage you to begin the process of migrating over to VidyoPlatform as soon as possible. To start this process, simply fill out the short VidyoPlatform Tenant Info survey.
What is VidyoPlatform?
VidyoPlatform is a solid foundation of industry-leading technology that powers enterprise collaboration, customer and patient engagement, and embedded video. It provides crystal-clear, real-time video interaction for all customer deployment models including on-premises, hybrid, private cloud, and multi-tenant cloud.
Benefits of VidyoPlatform
- Includes single platform technology available on public cloud, private cloud, hybrid, and on-premises
- Supports mobile WebRTC on both Android and iOS
- Supports desktop WebRTC on both Windows and Mac for all major browsers
- Includes high resolution and simulcast support
- Offers both consumption-based and concurrency billing models
- Fill out the VidyoPlatform Tenant Info survey.
- After you submit the survey, you will receive an email with your VidyoPlatform credentials.
- Vidyo will provision a pre-production/development tenant for you free of charge until you’re ready to move forward with production.
- When it’s time to move to production, Vidyo will transfer your remaining minutes or licenses from Vidyo.io over to VidyoPlatform.
I am a developer and ready to migrate. What steps do I take?
- Create your meeting rooms
- Add functionality to your backend application to manage meeting rooms.
- Extract the "RoomKey" . It will appear in response to your SOAP request.
- Pass "RoomKey" value to the client application.
The SDK remains the same on the client application side for only binary clients.
- Change the API call for connecting the call to ".ConnectToRoomAsGuest ()"
If you are a Vidyo.io customer who uses Chrome WebRTC, you must complete the migration to VidyoPlatform by August 31, 2021 due to expected changes happening on the browser at that time.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please review the Transitioning from Vidyo.io to VidyoPlatform FAQ article or contact us at email@example.com.
Can you add a statement about the SDKs? Do I have to move from the vidyo.io SDK which I am currently using to another SDK?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the SDKs.
Please sign in to leave a comment.