The Authentication page only allows you to configure your own REST Web Service authentication. The REST endpoint request body should accept the username and password in the JSON format as shown in this example here:
The response has to be a valid JSON body with details and the 200 status code. However, we don’t validate the body. A sample response for this request looks like the following:
To configure REST Web Service authentication:
- Log in to the Admin portal using your Admin account.
For more information, see Logging in to the Tenant Admin Portal.
The Users page displays by default.
- Click the Settings tab.
The License page displays by default.
- Click Authentication on the left menu.
The Authentication page displays.
- Select REST WS from the Authentication Type drop-down.
- Enter the endpoint URL of your authentication server in the URL field.
- Click Connection test.
If your connection test fails:
- Verify that the user name and password are correct.
- Verify the connection to your Web Service.
Users cannot log in to the VidyoPortal until Web Service connectivity is restored. For security reasons, there is no fallback to the VidyoPortal database.
A successful connection test is required to enable the Save button on the lower part of the screen.
- Apply authentication to specific user types using the Available types section.
- Click Save.