When upgrading to VidyoPortal™ and VidyoRouter™ version 3.4.5, please refer to the following to ensure that your upgrade goes smoothly:
- You must upgrade to VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter version 3.4.6 from version 3.4.2, 3.4.3, 3.4.4, or 3.4.5. Upgrades from versions earlier than 3.4.2 are not supported. Therefore, if you have a VidyoPortal version that is earlier than 3.4.2, you must first upgrade to 3.4.2 and then upgrade to version 3.4.6. In addition, please review the VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter Release Notes for version 3.4.2 before proceeding, as there are several important notices to take into advisory.
- VidyoPortal Virtual Edition version 3.4.x uses more memory in order to run more efficiently than VidyoPortal Virtual Edition version 3.3.x, and therefore requires a minimum of 8 GB of memory. Because previous versions required less memory, you may need to increase the memory allocation on your VidyoPortal Virtual Machine before upgrading.
- Please review the Upgrade Notices, the Resolved issues in VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter version 3.4.6, and the Known issues in VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter version 3.4.6 articles before upgrading.
What’s New in This Release
Here's what's new in version 3.4.6:
- Support for Many More Tenants
- We’ve extended the prefix length from 3 digits to 7 digits to allow for more tenants on the VidyoPortal. Now your VidyoPortal can support up to 10 million tenants instead of only 999!
- Web Service Enhancements
- We now offer a new authentication method for tenants: REST Web Service authentication. This new authentication method is being offered in addition to the current SOAP authentication method.
- For your convenience, one Super Admin user can now invoke Admin Web Services across multiple tenants.
- Notable Performance and Stability Improvements
- In this release, we’ve made significant performance and stability improvements, resulting in the most stable VidyoPortal we’ve ever offered.
- Event Streaming
- User-level and room-level events (like logging in, joining a room, or adding a room) can be published on a TCP stream.
- You no longer need to poll the VidyoPortal to see what’s going on. Instead, events get pushed to you in real-time so you can immediately apply business rules to those events.
- If you have your own conference monitoring system, this feature is especially beneficial because you can use the information for reporting, analysis, and more.
- Resolved Issue
- An issue that caused the VidyoManager to enter a deadlock state under certain circumstances has been resolved.