When upgrading to VidyoPortal™ and VidyoRouter™ version 3.4.5, please refer to the following to ensure that your upgrade goes smoothly:
- You must upgrade to VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter version 3.4.6 from version 3.4.2, 3.4.3, 3.4.4, or 3.4.5. Upgrades from versions earlier than 3.4.2 are not supported. Therefore, if you have a VidyoPortal version that is earlier than 3.4.2, you must first upgrade to 3.4.2 and then upgrade to version 3.4.6. In addition, please review the VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter Release Notes for version 3.4.2 before proceeding, as there are several important notices to take into advisory.
- VidyoPortal Virtual Edition version 3.4.x uses more memory in order to run more efficiently than VidyoPortal Virtual Edition version 3.3.x, and therefore requires a minimum of 8 GB of memory. Because previous versions required less memory, you may need to increase the memory allocation on your VidyoPortal Virtual Machine before upgrading.
- Please review the Upgrade Notices, the Resolved issues in VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter version 3.4.6, and the Known issues in VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter version 3.4.6 articles before upgrading.
What’s New in This Release
Here's what's new in version 3.4.6:
- Support for Many More Tenants
- We’ve extended the prefix length from 3 digits to 7 digits to allow for more tenants on the VidyoPortal. Now your VidyoPortal can support up to 10 million tenants instead of only 999!
- Web Service Enhancements
- We now offer a new authentication method for tenants: REST Web Service authentication. This new authentication method is being offered in addition to the current SOAP authentication method.
- For your convenience, one Super Admin user can now invoke Admin Web Services across multiple tenants.
- Notable Performance and Stability Improvements
- In this release, we’ve made significant performance and stability improvements, resulting in the most stable VidyoPortal we’ve ever offered.
- Event Streaming
- User-level and room-level events (like logging in, joining a room, or adding a room) can be published on a TCP stream.
- You no longer need to poll the VidyoPortal to see what’s going on. Instead, events get pushed to you in real-time so you can immediately apply business rules to those events.
- If you have your own conference monitoring system, this feature is especially beneficial because you can use the information for reporting, analysis, and more.
- Resolved Issue
- An issue that caused the VidyoManager to enter a deadlock state under certain circumstances has been resolved.
Resolved and Known Issues
The following table lists the resolved issues in VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter version 3.4.6:
|VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter Version 3.4.6 - Resolved Issues|
|VM-143||An issue that caused the VidyoManager to enter a deadlock state under certain circumstances has been resolved.|
|VPTL-7340||When an endpoint or client is deleted from the admin/tenant side, the file no longer gets deleted; therefore, the endpoint or client is not deleted from the other tenants on the VidyoPortal.|
|VPTL-7331||SAML support is now available for VidyoMobile when Vidyo Neo for Desktop is uploaded and VidyoPortal version 3.4.5 or later is being used.|
|VPTL-7253||When the CDN is configured for a SAML tenant, the VidyoDesktop™ download now works.|
|VPTL-7122||The rsync2 log is being properly purged and is no longer growing at an erroneous rate.|
|VPTL-7115||The “offline” status now gets updated in the notification server when a user is logged out from VidyoDesktop.|
|VPTL-7111||Web Services authentication now works as expected, including getting a response from the VidyoPortal and being able to save the configuration.|
|VPTL-7101||The VidyoPortal now properly sends out New Account Notification and Forgot Password emails.|
|VPTL-7064||The erroneous “The page is no longer supported” message no longer appears when a user quits VidyoDesktop, clicks on a guest link to join a call, and then launches VidyoDesktop.|
|VPTL-7004||Deploying SAML metadata no longer causes a 500 server error.|
|VPTL-6468||When a new user account is created, the email notification is now received.|
|VR-684 and VR-683||If a user joins a call after the content has been shared from a VidyoRoom™ system, they can now see video as well as the shared content.|
The following table lists the known issues in VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter version 3.4.6:
|VidyoPortal and VidyoRouter Version 3.4.6 - Known Issues|
|VPTL-7147||The TCP streaming server is unable to keep up with the logging of user events.|
|VPTL-4145||When all seat licenses are in use, Executive, VidyoPanorama™, and Legacy users are not allowed be imported from csv and the error message “Seat license exceeded: Stopping import of users at line x…” appears.|
|VPTL-4133||The same legacy device cannot be added to two different tenants. The legacy device must be deleted from one tenant in order to add it to another tenant.|
|VPTL-4111||When a column on the Super Admin Components page gets resized to the left, the last column expands to the right and vice versa.|
|VPTL-979||The Audit logs do not capture changes made to some of the tabs on the Settings page.|