User-level and room-level events, such as a user logging in or joining a room, or a room being added or deleted, can be published in the JSON format over a TCP connection. Therefore, API users do not need to poll the VidyoPortal to see what rooms exist and which users have joined those rooms. As a result, events get pushed in real-time so that users can immediately apply business rules to those events.
- User events include the following:
- Call Ended
- Room events include the following:
- Add Room
- Update Room
- Delete Room
To enable the events notification server:
- Log in to the Super Admin portal using your Super Admin account.
For more information, see Logging in to the Super Admin Portal.
The Components page displays by default.
- Click the Settings tab.
The Upload System License page displays by default.
- Click to the left of Maintenance on the left menu.
- Click Events Notification Servers from the submenu.
The Events Notification Servers page displays.
- Select the Enable Events Notification checkbox.
The Primary Server, Port, Secondary Server, and Port fields display.
- Enter a primary events notification server URL in the Primary Server fied.
- Enter the appropriate port for the primary server in the Port field.
- Enter a secondary events notification server URL in the Secondary Server field if necessary.
If the primary events notification server fails, then the secondary server will be used only if configured.
- Enter the appropriate port for the secondary server in the Port field.
- Click Save.