- You must upgrade to VidyoGateway™ version 3.5.2 from VidyoGateway version 3.5.1. Therefore, if you have a VidyoGateway version earlier than 3.5.1, you must first upgrade to 3.5.1 and then upgrade to 3.5.2.
- Starting with version 3.3.2, the VidyoGateway VE enforces capacity based on CPU reservation, not Virtual Machine configuration. If there is no resource reservation or minimal reservation, the capacity will default to one video call or ten audio-only calls.
- VidyoGateway VE version 3.3.x uses more memory in order to run more efficiently than older versions of VidyoGateway VE, and therefore requires a minimum of 4 GB of memory. Because previous versions required less memory, you may need to increase the memory allocation on your VidyoGateway Virtual Machine before upgrading.
What's New in this Release
Here's what's new in this release:
- Resolved Issues
- We’ve fixed several issues to enhance both the security and usability of the VidyoGateway as noted in the "Resolved and Known Issues" section below.
To determine which version of the VidyoPortal™ your VidyoGateway release is compatible with, do one of the following:
- Click Compatibility Matrix, log in to your account on the Vidyo Support Center, and refer to the Software Compatibility Matrix.
- Go to https://support.vidyocloud.com, sign in, and refer to the Vidyo compatibility matrix article.
Resolved and Known Issues
The following table lists the resolved issues in VidyoGateway version 3.5.2 (402):
|VidyoGateway Version 3.5.2 - Resolved Issues|
|VGW-2771||Entering a value in the H.245 Min TCP Port and H.245 Max TCP Port fields no longer causes H.323 calls to fail.|
|VGW-2766||H.323 calls no longer require multiple connect attempts with certain multipoint control units (MCUs).|
|VGW-2764||When the VidyoGateway is inactive for at least 15 minutes, the Login page now displays and the user is forced to log back in.|
|VGW-2746||VidyoGateway version 3.5.1 (450) no longer fails when calls are placed from VidyoDesktop™ to the Sony® PCS-VCS-MCU.|
The following table lists the known issues in VidyoGateway version 3.5.2 (402):
|VidyoGateway Version 3.5.2 - Known Issues|
|VGW-2706||SIP calls from some Avaya™ Scopia endpoints do not work; however, H.323 calls do.|
|VGW-2698||The hardware version of the product may sometimes display the incorrect processor type.|
|VGW-2663||In some cases, when a Vidyo endpoint has muted its audio, the VidyoGateway might still show its audio as enabled.|
|VGW-2566||Whitelisted and blacklisted IP addresses fail to download when using the Apple® Safari® browser.|
|VGW-2534||In some cases, H.323 participants joining Vidyo calls via audio-only service may hear announcements regarding DTMF tones for muting/unmuting their lines, but they will not be able to act upon them.|
|VGW-2277||The Admin UI does not prevent admins from downgrading a build.|
|VGW-2094||When hundreds of trusted certificate authority certificates are imported, the Security page Advanced tab takes a long time to load. In some cases, the browser may warn that the server is unresponsive.|
|VGW-1975||Enabling the IVR requires a default prefix; however, the Services page allows the default prefix to be deleted when the IVR is enabled.|
|VGW-1380||If a Polycom® HDX endpoint is receiving shared content from VidyoDesktop™ and then tries to send content, VidyoDesktop will not receive the content and, moreover, the HDX will stop showing the content being shared from VidyoDesktop.|
|VGW-842||When VidyoGateway rejects calls on services that do not offer SRTP media encryption, the call is rejected with a "603 decline" message when a "488 not acceptable" message should appear instead.|
LIFO content sharing does not work if shared content is already present in the conference.
Workaround: If the queue is changed at all (the shared content is removed, added, or changed), LIFO works as expected.
VidyoGateway Interoperability Matrix
Vidyo does not officially support equipment that has been announced as End of Life by the OEM.
The following table lists the equipment that has been tested with VidyoGateway.
|Vendor||System Name||Latest Version Tested||Known Issues|
|Cisco®||Jabber® Desktop Client||188.8.131.5228|
|LG||VR5010H||20130507-8886||Far End Camera Control (FECC) does not work with this endpoint.|
|LifeSize||Team 220™||4.11.7 (3)
|Polycom®||RealPresence® Group 300/500||4.1.1-60400
|Polycom||PVX Soft Client||8.0.2
|In order for the Polycom PVX endpoint to interoperate correctly with the VidyoGateway, the H.264 codec must be enabled on the PVX client at all times.|
|Polycom||HDX® 4000||3.1.0-23277||Artifacts may be observed at the Polycom endpoint for SD and HD calls in security mode.|
|Polycom||HDX 6000 HD and
HDX 8000 HD
|184.108.40.206||Artifacts may be observed at the Polycom endpoint for SD and HD calls in security mode.|
|Tandberg||3000MXP||F9.0||Codec sends CIF for SD H.323/H.263 conference calls instead of SD.|
|Sony||PCS-XG80||2.14.00||DTMF tones are not detected on IVR calls.|
|LG||iPECS UCP100||1.0Ch DEC/14||Can only run CIF in non-encrypted mode.|
|Gatekeeper/Session Border Controller|
|Oracle (Acme-Packet)||Net-Net 3820||SCX6.3.0 MR-2 Patch 2|