At times it may be necessary to upload SSL certificates directly to a VidyoRoom™ system.
This is typically required when communicating with a VidyoPortal™ or Exchange™ server that has certificates that are not signed by one of the major certificate authorities.
The following procedure (using Firefox™) demonstrates the steps for downloading the unknown CA cert and then adding it to the default bundle in order to upload it to a VidyoRoom system.
- Download the VidyoDesktop default bundle file below (or copy manually from C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Vidyo\Data\ca-certificates.crt).
- Go to the https:// address of the VidyoPortal (or Exchange server).
- Click on the Security icon next to the address and then click the > icon.
- Click More information.
- Click View Certificate.
- Highlight the root certificate file (at top of list), and then click Export and Save to your computer.
- Open ca-certificates.crt with Notepad (with Word-wrap turned OFF).
- Open the root certificate with Notepad.
- Copy and paste the block of text from the root certificate to the end of ca-certificates.crt and Save As a new file "newbundle.crt".
- Upload the new bundle to the VidyoRoom. To do so, go to the VidyoRoom Admin UI Firmware tab, and under "Upload Certificate", click Browse and open the "newbundle.crt" file that was created.