If you are an Exchange admin, you can make the Outlook Add-in available to your users so they can quickly and easily schedule their Vidyo meetings via Microsoft® Outlook. This Add-in is available for users who have:
- Microsoft Outlook as their email client on either Windows® or Mac®.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 and 2016 or an Office 365® subscription.
- Portal version 17.1.1.
Configuring the Vidyo Outlook Add-in
As an admin, before installing the Vidyo Outlook Add-in, you must configure the following:
- Set the portal URL so that your users can log in to your portal.
- Set the email address where you want the logs to be sent.
Both the portal URL and email address for the logs can be added to the NeoOutlookCalendarAdd-in.zip file, which is attached at the bottom of this article.
To set the portal URL and the email address for the logs:
- Download the NeoOutlookCalendarAdd-in.zip file attached at the bottom of this article.
- Open the file in an XML editor.
- Find the following line, which is in three different locations within the file:
- At all three locations, set your portal URL by adding "portal=" and the URL of your portal to the end of the line, and set the email address where you want the logs to be sent by adding "supportmail=" and the email address to the end of the line.
- Save the file.
Installing the Vidyo Outlook Add-in
Once you have completed the configuration, you can then install the Vidyo Outlook Add-in and deploy it to your users.
To install the Vidyo Outlook Add-in for your users:
- Ensure that you have completed the steps in the previous section, Configuring the Vidyo Outlook Add-in.
- Log in to the Exchange admin center.
- Click the Plus sign and select Add from file.
The "Add From File" pop-up appears.
- Click Choose File and select the file that you saved in Step 6 of the Configuring the Vidyo Outlook Add-in section of this article.
- Click next and follow the on-screen steps to add the Vidyo Outlook Add-in in the same way as you would normally add any other add-in.
The Vidyo Calendar button will then automatically appear on the Outlook ribbon when your users use their Outlook calendar. If it does not automatically appear, ask your users to restart their Outlook email client.
For information about how to log in and use the Vidyo Outlook Add-in, see Using the Vidyo Outlook Add-in.