- VIDYO’s default prediction methodology is Telcordia SR332, Reliability Prediction.
Electronic Equipment Procedure
- Other methods may be used to estimate the reliability of certain products and/or subsystems.
- System reliability predictions take into account the impact of redundant components.
Component Parameters and Assumptions
- The default methodology for MTBF predictions is Telcordia method 1, case 3.
- Assumptions include 25˚ C system inlet air temperature, quality level II components, ground-based, fixed, controlled environment, and 100% duty cycle. Components internal to the system are generally assumed to be operating at 40˚ C ambient and 50% electrical stress.
Supplier MTBF Data
- In developing system MTBF predictions, VIDYO uses MTBF data provided by suppliers.
- Apart from using industry standard prediction methodologies, suppliers may derive MTBF data from reliability demonstration testing, life testing, actual field failure rate, or specification and datasheets.
- Supplier data is provided as is to VIDYO, and VIDYO generally does not verify the accuracy of Supplier data.
Subsystem MTBF Data Release Policy
VIDYO does not release MTBF data below the system level.
The reasons for this policy are:
- VIDYO considers internally designed subsystem MTBF data to be confidential intellectual property.
- VIDYO obtains supplier subsystem MTBF data under NDA and is prohibited from sharing such data outside of VIDYO.