The Google Calendar integration feature has been tested and qualified to work on Google Chrome™ web browsers on Windows and Mac OS X only. It may run successfully in environments other than these; however, only these have been tested and are supported by Vidyo. Both personal Google® accounts and Google Apps™ accounts have been tested and qualified to work.
To configure Google Calendar integration:
- Ensure that you are logged into the Google account whose calendar you want to synchronize with VidyoRoom or VidyoPanorama 600.
- Navigate to the Admin UI using a new tab within the same browser window.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click the blue triangle next to the words Calendar Integration to view the Calendar Integration settings if needed.
- Select the Google Calendar radio button for the Calendar Type if you want the system to display meetings from the Google Calendar.
- Enter the email address of the Google account that you want to synchronize with the VidyoRoom or VidyoPanorama 600 in the Email Address field.
The meetings from this calendar are the ones that will appear on your home screen.
- Click Get Authorization Code.
By default, your browser will block the pop-up that you need to access.
- Click the red X that appears in your browser address bar.
The “The following pop-ups were blocked on this page” pop-up displays.
- Select Always allow pop-ups from [IP Address] and then click the link that displays in the pop-up.
The “VidyoRoom would like to” pop-up displays.
- Click Accept.
You will be provided with an Authorization Code.
- Click Ctrl-A or Command-A to select all, and copy it to the clipboard.
- Return to the Admin UI Settings screen, and paste the code into the Authorization Code field.
- Select the appropriate calendar from the Calendar Resource drop-down that you want to synchronize with the VidyoRoom or VidyoPanorama 600.
This is needed if the email address you entered is associated with more than one calendar resource.
The meetings from this calendar are the ones that will appear on your VidyoRoom or VidyoPanorama 600 home screen.
- Select the Require User Enter Room PIN checkbox if a room PIN is included in a calendar invite and you want to force users to enter the PIN when joining that meeting.
- Click Apply once.
If you click Apply twice, the authorization code will be invalidated.
The meetings will now display on the On Screen UI. If the meetings do not display, start this procedure again at step 6. You can also go to the Logs tab as described in the Setting the Log Levels and Accessing the Log Files article and view the GoogleCalendar.log which contains information about any failures.