When configuring the network settings as described in this section, you should also consider the following:
- VidyoRoom and VidyoPanorama 600 are automatically configured to respond to Wake-on-LAN (WoL) packet requests. Review your current firewall settings and make sure they permit WoL requests over ports 7 and 9.
- To ensure proper functioning of the system and to support all of its features, the following ports are opened on the VidyoRoom side: 8090, 60777, and 63459. Please ensure that no firewall or other restriction is blocking these ports in your network. In addition, either port 80 or port 443 can be blocked, but they cannot both be blocked at the same time.
To configure the network settings:
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click the blue triangle next to the word Network to view the network settings if needed.
- Select the Enable IPv4 checkbox, the Enable IPv6 checkbox, or both if your network uses IPv4 and/or IPv6.
- Select the Use DHCP radio button or Use static IP radio button if you selected the Enable IPv4 checkbox in the previous step.
The Use DHCP radio button is selected by default. If you select the Use static IP radio button, you must enter the following information:
- IPv4 Address
- Subnet Mask
- Default Gateway
- Primary DNS Server
- Select either the Stateless Auto Configuration radio button or Use static IPv6 radio button if you selected the Enable IPv6 checkbox.
The Stateless Auto Configuration radio button is selected by default. With either selection, you must enter the primary DNS Server. However, if you select the Use static IPv6 checkbox, you must also enter the following information:
- IPv6 Address
- Subnet Prefix Length
- Default Gateway
- Enter values in the UDP Start, UDP End, and MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) fields if needed.
The MAC Address and Link Speed fields are read only and cannot be changed.
- Enter the machine’s hostname in the Hostname field.
You can change the hostname of the VidyoRoom machine if you prefer to monitor and track the system by its hostname and not its IP. This field is disabled for VidyoRoom SE models.
- Select the Always Use VidyoProxy checkbox if you want the VidyoRoom or VidyoPanorama 600 to connect via the assigned VidyoProxy.
A VidyoProxy routes all data signals through a single port in order to traverse a firewall.
- Select the Use Web Proxy checkbox if you want the VidyoRoom or VidyoPanorama 600 to connect via the assigned Web Proxy.
- Select the Manual radio button or Auto radio button, and then enter the following information as needed:
- Web Proxy Auto Config Script (only required when Auto has been selected)
- Web Proxy Address (only required when Manual has been selected)
- Web Proxy Port (only required when Manual has been selected)
- Web Proxy Username and Web Proxy Password must be entered if you enter a Web Proxy address that requires authentication
- Click Apply.